Please Help !!!!
Author Message
 Please Help !!!!

Can you pelase tell me how i can use a timer in Pascal for example i want to
make a program which says somthing at the begining then after 3 seconds it
executes another command can you please tell me how to do it

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Please Help !!!!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Please Help !!!!
Hi guys,
I lost all windows related units from my HD !
Now I cannot find my installation disks.
Can anybody help me by mailing those units to me ?
Thanks.
Andrew.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Please Help !!!!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Please Help !!!!

Quote:

> Can you pelase tell me how i can use a timer in pascal for example i want to
> make a program which says somthing at the begining then after 3 seconds it
> executes another command can you please tell me how to do it

Hint: you should insert a *delay* between sentences...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Please Help !!!!

> Can you pelase tell me how i can use a timer in pascal for example i want to
> make a program which says somthing at the begining then after 3 seconds it
> executes another command can you please tell me how to do it

The simplest way to do this is to use the Delay procedure from the
unit Crt, which can wait for a given amount of milliseconds. Example:

   uses crt;
   var i : integer;
   begin
      Write('Enter time in seconds: ');
      Readln(i);
      Write('Waiting... ');
      Delay(1000 * i);
      Writeln('Done.');
   end.

Delay may suffer from accuracy problems. You might want to check John
Stockton's "Borland Pascal Time and Date Page":
<http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/pas-time.htm>, which has some
information about Delay.

 - Sebastian

--
function HasAttachment : Boolean;
begin  { Does a posting have an attachment? }

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Please Help !!!!
Hi!

Try this:

USES CRT;

BEGIN;
    WRITELN('Your text');
    DELAY(3000);    (* Wait 3 seconds *)
    ...                         (* The other commands *)
END.

CU
Jens

--
[ HOMEPAGE: http://home.t-online.de/home/jens.gesing/index.htm ]
[ PROGRAMMING-DO-IT-YOURSELF: http://www.pdiy.de ]

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

2. Please, please help me with this code.

3. Please Please, help me with memo-fields, real problem

4. Please Please help me

5. *.exe help !!!! PLEASE HELP ME

6. programming help **please help me** its not hard

7. Please Help Help ....D4 and Oracle 8.04

8. I need help fixing this CASE Select code, please help

9. HELP, Please help. Delphi and TAPI

10. need help on prcedures (please help)

11. Need help with Hailstone Sequence program please Help

12. HELP PLEASE HELP