Turbo visions empty desktop detection ??
Author Message
 Turbo visions empty desktop detection ??

I want my turbo vision application to display a sort of hint form when
the desktop is empty.

Is it possible to detect when the desktop of a turbo vision
application is empty, no dialogs are schowing etc.

I want enclose this in the program idle loop, so when ever the program
is in idle and the desktop is empty, a hint form is shown.

With regards Enrico Vullings

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Turbo visions empty desktop detection ??

Quote:

>I want my turbo vision application to display a sort of hint form when
>the desktop is empty.

>Is it possible to detect when the desktop of a turbo vision
>application is empty, no dialogs are schowing etc.

>I want enclose this in the program idle loop, so when ever the program
>is in idle and the desktop is empty, a hint form is shown.

You might modify the following to meet your needs.

    ...red

PROCEDURE tApp.Idle;
{ ======================================================== }
VAR Event:tEvent;

    FUNCTION isSelectable(p: pView): boolean; far;
    { ---------------------------------------------------- }
    Begin
        isSelectable := (p^.Options and ofSelectable <> 0)
                    and (p^.State and sfVisible <> 0);
    End;

Begin
    tApplication.Idle;
    Clock^.update;
    Heap^.update;

    If (Current = Pointer(Desktop))

    Then Begin
       { stuff a "cmMenu" Command when doing nothing Else }
       Message(Application, evCommand, cmMenu, NIL);
    End;
End;

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Turbo visions empty desktop detection ??

2. Empty Table not the same DB desktop empty

3. Redefining Default Desktop Size? Turbo Vision Question

4. Desktop Empty errors

5. WTD - Borland/Turbo Pascal Manuals/SW Especially Turbo Vision

6. Index-file browser for turbo vision (Turbo Pascal ver 6.0)

7. Do we discuss FreePascal or Turbo Pascal(Empty Inside)

8. Can I use Graphics Mode in Turbo Vision?

9. Graphics Problem in Turbo Vision

10. REQ: Turbo Vision Tutorial

11. turbo vision problem

12. Please: no Turbo Vision here!