BP7 Protected Mode Problems
Author Message
 BP7 Protected Mode Problems

Hi,
I have developed a DOS application using BP7.01, with a CRT fix.
This program is now in it's third release. Only recently however I have
encountered problems with the EXE when compiled in Protected Mode.
Real Mode is not a problem. When the EXE is run it gets a "Memory Allocation
Error Cannot load COMMAND, system halted" or if run in a WIN95 DOS Box
simply fails and the command prompt re-displays. The application UI is never
seen. If I try and debug the application in Protected Mode while within
Windows
(note: I have always done this in the past) the compiler crashes BIG TIME
and my
whole PC re-starts!

Does anyone have any idea why Protected Mode is now not working for me?

Your assistance will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Neal Crocker

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BP7 Protected Mode Problems

Quote:

>Hi,
>I have developed a DOS application using BP7.01, with a CRT fix.
>This program is now in it's third release. Only recently however I have
>encountered problems with the EXE when compiled in Protected Mode.
>Real Mode is not a problem. When the EXE is run it gets a "Memory Allocation
>Error Cannot load COMMAND, system halted" or if run in a WIN95 DOS Box
>simply fails and the command prompt re-displays. The application UI is never
>seen. If I try and debug the application in Protected Mode while within
>Windows
>(note: I have always done this in the past) the compiler crashes BIG TIME
>and my
>whole PC re-starts!

>Does anyone have any idea why Protected Mode is now not working for me?

How about first telling what kind of CRT fix you are using? In general
those do low level stuff, like install interrupt vectors. These in
general do not work in PM.

Why not just edit the source and fix the CRT bug properly?

Osmo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. BP7 - Protected Mode Problems

2. Windows NT4 + protected mode BP7 = problems ?

3. Mouse-Problem in Protected Mode BP7 (DOS!)

4. Mouse-Problem in Protected Mode BP7

5. Unexpected heap overflow in protected mode program compiled by BP7

6. BP7 + Protected mode apps + Windows 95/98 = slowdown

7. BP7: DLL in DOS protected mode program

8. BP7 protected mode chain to another program

9. Allocating memory under protected mode (BP7)

10. Protected Mode and DMA with BP7

11. PLEEEEEASE Help - Pentium II and protected mode BP7

12. BP7-Protected Mode and P6 200Mhz machines