Skipping a character?
Author Message
 Skipping a character?

Can anyone tell me if Pascal has a function that will "skip" a character in
a read? What I mean is, lets say I have this input:
     "This is a test"

Ok, I want to echo the first 5 characters, then skip the i in is, then echo
the rest of the text.

Thanks.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Skipping a character?

Quote:

>Can anyone tell me if pascal has a function that will "skip" a character in
>a read? What I mean is, lets say I have this input:
>     "This is a test"
>Ok, I want to echo the first 5 characters, then skip the i in is, then echo
>the rest of the text.

Well, there's  no built in function to do explicitly what you're
talking about (i.e. automatically skip the 6th character in an input
string), but you can create the same effect using string input, the
Delete() procedure, and string output.  For that matter, you could do
character by character input and just skip whatever you want (much
slower however).

Quote:
>Thanks.

HTH

Stephen Posey

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Skipping a character?

Check out your TP Help file for POS for starters

Quote:
> Can anyone tell me if pascal has a function that will "skip" a character

in

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. converting string characters to char characters

2. Text driver: Can we skip records ?

3. Why does it compile, but skip procedure?

4. Runtime 200 (don't skip)

5. Writing to files, skipping line?

6. ICCompressorChoose-dialog, skip the ~

7. Skip a record

8. password skipping paradox table

9. How to auto skip text item?

10. DLL skipping over function(s)