Runtime Error 203
Author Message
 Runtime Error 203

I get runtime error 203. On my 486 there are no problems. On my AMD K6 200
Mhz processor I get runtime error 203. The error appears after a procedure I
self made, wich reads the keys. I only want to know what runtime error 203
is, because I can't start it in Pascal, because it uses to many
memory(300KB)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Runtime Error 203

Quote:
> I get runtime error 203. On my 486 there are no problems. On my AMD K6 200
> Mhz processor I get runtime error 203. The error appears after a procedure I
> self made, wich reads the keys. I only want to know what runtime error 203
> is, because I can't start it in Pascal, because it uses to many
> memory(300KB)

   Have you looked in the manual which came with Turbo Pascal?
   Have you tried using the online help?
   Have your compiled your program to Disk and tried running it from the
DOS command?
   Have you examined the FAQ for this Pascal newsgroup?
   I'm quite sure you've done none of these things, because any one of
them would have helped you understand this problem (Heap Overflow) and
would have shown you how to deal with it.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Runtime Error 203
Found error somewhere in the program became something like this
getmem(Pointer,negative number)
freemem(pointer, negative number)

Quote:
>I get runtime error 203. On my 486 there are no problems. On my AMD K6 200
>Mhz processor I get runtime error 203. The error appears after a procedure
>self made, wich reads the keys. I only want to know what runtime error 203
>is, because I can't start it in Pascal, because it uses to many
>memory(300KB)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Runtime Error 203

Quote:

> I get runtime error 203. On my 486 there are no problems. On my
AMD K6 200
> Mhz processor I get runtime error 203. The error appears after
a procedure I
> self made, wich reads the keys. I only want to know what
runtime error 203
> is, because I can't start it in Pascal, because it uses to many
> memory(300KB)

yup, an approximate translation of RTE 203 is "it uses to many
memory". Your AMD machine may have less memory available to DOS
programs, maybe there are extra device drivers or something.

In BP7, you can look it up without any program at all. The help
index has no "run-time error" references, but look up the help
for RunError, and in there you should find a link to "Run-time
error messages".

FP

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Runtime Error 203

Quote:

>In BP7, you can look it up without any program at all. The help
>index has no "run-time error" references, but look up the help
>for RunError, and in there you should find a link to "Run-time
>error messages".

Or Alt-H E R <enter> 203  (I almost always forget the <enter>).

--

  Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms
  Dates - miscdate.htm  Year 2000 - date2000.htm  Critical Dates - critdate.htm

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Heap Overflow Error - runtime error 203

2. Source Code for Error 203 Heap Overflow error (Urgent Help needed)

3. Infernal Error 203 at 0BF9:OEF4

4. Memory Error 203, but Why?

5. Memory Error 203; Why?

6. Confusing runtime error porting to TPW

7. Runtime Error 105

8. runtime error

9. Runtime error 216?

10. error SQL provided in runtime

11. Accessing?database?in?OCX?givces runtime error 216?on?exit

12. Object Pro Opcrt unit runtime error 200