Why am I not getting the RTE 200?
Author Message
 Why am I not getting the RTE 200?

I'm returning to TP7 after a couple of years and a couple of system
upgrades and was wondering why my K6-2 / 500MHz wasn't giving me the
error.  I went ahead and used Pedt Scragg's crt unit but before I did
I tried the standard one and it worked fine.  Just a curiosity.

TIA, G.S.

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 03:58:24 GMT
 Why am I not getting the RTE 200?

Quote:

> I'm returning to TP7 after a couple of years and a couple of system
> upgrades and was wondering why my K6-2 / 500MHz wasn't giving me the
> error.  I went ahead and used Pedt Scragg's crt unit but before I did
> I tried the standard one and it worked fine.  Just a curiosity.

This is normal. K6-2's seem to have different timings for the
instructions involved.

--

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 04:32:45 GMT
 Why am I not getting the RTE 200?

Quote:
>I'm returning to TP7 after a couple of years and a couple of system
>upgrades and was wondering why my K6-2 / 500MHz wasn't giving me the
>error.

It seems that the AMD processors may using different timings for
instructions.  I have both a 450K2 and a 550K3 here which do not
give RTE200 but my backup Pentium 266MHz does.

There is also the possibility that Win9x timing/threading may be at
work as well as my P5 does not RTE200 if I have the AV software and
PWS running but RTE200's if only either or neither are running.

Welcome to the wonderful world of CPU differences ;-)
--
Pedt Scragg     http://signpost-design.co.uk/   ODP Editor: http://dmoz.org/

"If you don't need a lot of space/bandwidth then why are you paying for it" ?

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 15:06:43 GMT

1. Strange RTE 200? (NOT THE CRT BUG)

2. Why am I getting an EDBEngineError?

3. RTE 200: division by zero

4. RTE 200: Division by zero

5. RTE 200 and upgrade questions

6. RTE 200: division by zero

7. crtfix.zip Borland Pascal Crt unit RTE 200 fix, E.Toder

8. crtfix15.zip Borland Pascal Crt unit RTE 200 fix

9. RTE-200 Terror

10. RTE 200 solution --- would it work???

11. RTE 200 question

12. Q: PENTIUM II machines and RTE 200