runtime error 215
Author Message
 runtime error 215

Can someone tell me what runtime error 215 for Turbo Pascal 7.0 is?

I have the user's guide and the language guide, but seem to have lost the
programmer's reference, which might list the errors.  My 5.5 books don't go as high
as error 215!

Thanks in advance

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 runtime error 215

Quote:

> Can someone tell me what runtime error 215 for Turbo Pascal 7.0 is?

> I have the user's guide and the language guide, but seem to have lost the
> programmer's reference, which might list the errors.  My 5.5 books don't go as high
> as error 215!

> Thanks in advance

According to BP7 help run time error 215 means "arithmetic overflow error"

Why don't you just press the F1 key when you get a run time error?

Kent

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 runtime error 215

Quote:

>Can someone tell me what runtime error 215 for Turbo Pascal 7.0 is?
>I have the user's guide and the language guide, but seem to have lost the
>programmer's reference, which might list the errors.  My 5.5 books don't go as high
>as error 215!

>Thanks in advance

runtime error 215: Arithmetik-Ueberlauf (Arithmetic overflow error)

Dieser Fehler wird von Statements, die mit der Compileroption {$Q+}
uebersetzt wurden, ausgel?st, wenn eine
Integer-Arithmetik-Operation einen Ueberlauf verursacht, genauso wie
wenn das Ergebnis der Operation au?erhalb des gltigen
Wertebereiches liegt.

Sorry that it's in german.

Steve

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 runtime error 215

Quote:

>Can someone tell me what runtime error 215 for Turbo Pascal 7.0 is?

The compiler can do that for you as explained in

 93045 Jan 1 09:31 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

   All the best, Timo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 runtime error 215

Quote:

>Can someone tell me what runtime error 215 for Turbo Pascal 7.0 is?

>I have the user's guide and the language guide, but seem to have lost
the
>programmer's reference, which might list the errors.  My 5.5 books
don't go as high
>as error 215!

  Runtime 215 is arithmetic overflow of integer arithmetic expression.
Martin
Quote:

>Thanks in advance

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. runtime error 215

2. FPC: runtime error 215 - lack in documentation....

3. RunTime error 215?

4. STR procedure and runtime error 215

5. Runtime Error 215 : What is it?

6. What is DOS ERROR 215

7. What is ERROR 215

8. Error #215 Arithmetic overflow, where it shouldn′t occur(?)

9. Heap Overflow Error - runtime error 203

10. Confusing runtime error porting to TPW

11. Runtime Error 105

12. runtime error