TD286 Debugger and Win 95/98
Author Message
 TD286 Debugger and Win 95/98

Hi,

the TD286 Dee{*filter*} from BP 7 does not work under my Windows 95 / 98
(not to mention TD386). Therefore it is not possible to debug big BP
programs under these OS.

When using newer Turbo De{*filter*}s e.g. from TASM 4 or 5, I get the
message that the program was built with an incompatible linker.
I think these de{*filter*}s do not understand the debug infos from BP 7
because if you strip strip them there is no such message.

Question: Does anybody know about a fix or patch to make good
old TD286 run under Win 98 ??

Wolfgang

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TD286 Debugger and Win 95/98

1998 19:54:30 in comp.lang.Pascal.borland, Wolfgang Ehrhardt <Wolfgang.E

Quote:

>Question: Does anybody know about a fix or patch to make good
>old TD286 run under Win 98 ??

Do remember that you can always boot your Win98 machine from a DOS
floppy, and run BP7 without any Windows at all.  Use the new CPU & RAM
and disc, but not the new software.  Indeed, you can probably start Win3
that way, too.

You may need to use a FAT16 partition, though.

--

  Web <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - TP/BP/&c.  FAQqish topics & links.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Help: MS-DOS Screen Capture (in Full-Screen Mode) Under Win 95/98/NT

2. Win 1.5 Debugger Fix for Windows 95

3. Turbo Pascal ver 1.5 with Debugger with Win 95

4. Turbo debugger for win 95

5. Problem sharing table with BDE 5.1, Win 2000, and Win 98

6. DUAL BOOT WIN NT WIN 98

7. Borland Pascal Win 7.0 under Win 98

8. Migrating from Windows 95 to Windows 98

9. User32.dll Error on 95 Not on 98 or NT

10. TP6 - Windows 3.x,95,98

11. BP7 + Protected mode apps + Windows 95/98 = slowdown

12. Index errors when using NT-server and 95/98 workstations