TurboPascal programs on fast PCs
Author Message
 TurboPascal programs on fast PCs

I have a problem: I've written a TurboPascal 7.0
program on a Win95 166Mhz PC, but the
compiled .exe file doesn't run on fast PCs / on
Win98 PCs: I get runtime error 203. What can I
do? Please help me!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TurboPascal programs on fast PCs

Quote:

> I have a problem: I've written a TurboPascal 7.0
> program on a Win95 166Mhz PC, but the
> compiled .exe file doesn't run on fast PCs / on
> Win98 PCs: I get runtime error 203. What can I
> do? Please help me!

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
> Before you buy.

Are you sure that you get runtime error 203? Normally you should get
runtime error 200. This would be the very well known RTE200 bug. The
following text is quoted from the mini-faq.

<snip>
 4.1  Replacement CRT Unit for download

  Following work on a replacement CRT unit to primarily fix the RTE200
bug
  in T/BP7, a replacment CRT unit is now completed. CRT units are
included
  for TP V5, 5.5, 6.0 and 7.0x including protected mode units for BP7.0x

  The replacement CRT unit also includes code to allow use of extended
keys
  such as F11 and F12 with ReadKey and, if using other than 40x25 text
mode
  or 80x25,43,50 text mode should not reset text screen to 80x25.

  Information at http://www.*-*-*.com/
links.

  Download directly from:
  http://www.*-*-*.com/
  ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/programming/crt.zip
  ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/crt.zip
</snip>

Alex
--
** Pepsi Cola and animal protection **
**   http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}bath.com/  **

Author of the free Chatsystem PINO! || Website: http://www.*-*-*.com/
Available at http://www.*-*-*.com/    || Chat   : pinochat.dhs.org:8080

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TurboPascal programs on fast PCs

Quote:
> I have a problem: I've written a TurboPascal 7.0
> program on a Win95 166Mhz PC, but the
> compiled .exe file doesn't run on fast PCs / on
> Win98 PCs: I get runtime error 203. What can I do? Please help me!

   Are you sure it's 203?  I don't think it's so, if the other parts of
the problem (executing on a fast PC) are true.
   I suspect that the actual error you're getting is 200 (Divide by
Zero), which is a _common_ error found when executing TP/BP7.0-produced
programs on fast (200+ mhz) PCs.  This is due to a bug in Borland's CRT
Unit, and it can be dealt with in a variety of ways - see any of the FAQs
which are referenced here (at least) weekly.
   If it really is the 203 (Heap Overflow) error, it has nothing to do
with the speed of the host machine, but it's more a matter of your
application's logic (you have a data-dependant bug) or the environment on
those fast PCs (there's not as much Real Memory available there as on
your system.  In any case, 203 means that you have to fix your program,
which could entail many issues.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TurboPascal programs on fast PCs
if "fast" is > 233 Mz, then read the FAQ, you have to get the TP7 patch for
this, what a bug and a half!

craig

Quote:
> I have a problem: I've written a TurboPascal 7.0
> program on a Win95 166Mhz PC, but the
> compiled .exe file doesn't run on fast PCs / on
> Win98 PCs: I get runtime error 203. What can I
> do? Please help me!

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Patch for Graph Unit of fast PCs

2. Patch for Graph Unit of fast PCs

3. fast PCs + debug-problems

4. Fast PC's bug

5. FS: PC/Programming Books

6. Moving program to other PC.

7. Program's don't work on new PC

8. Running pascal program on Highend PC

9. PC Parallel Port Programming

10. PASCAL PCS Editor (Piano program)

11. Pascal-DOS-program won't run on Windows 98-PC

12. A compiling a Mac program on a PC