*********I need professional help!!!!**********
Author Message
 *********I need professional help!!!!**********

Can anyone help me with the following:

I need a program that will produce a calendar for any month that I
request between 1901 and today.  For instance, if I request February
1932, a calendar something like the following should appear:

     February 1932
 S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
                            1  2
  3   4   5   6   7   8   9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31

Similarly, if I simply enter a month name, the program will produce a
calendar for the current year/ month by default,
and might look like (or something like it):

_________________________
|                                      |
|      |   March 1996    |     |
|===================|
|   S  M Tu  W Th  F  S  |
|         -------------------         |
|                            1  2   |
|   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  |
| 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  |
| 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  |
| 24 25 26 27 28 29 30  |
| 31                                |
--------------------------------------

Program requirement:

- Make sure the program stays active until the user terminates it.
- To navigate program opions, there should be some help available to
the user on request. If the user doesn't need help, the
help shouldn't get in the person's way.

Coding specification:

Write the main program calls as procedure/function calls wherever
possible. That is, anyone looking at your main alone should
have a very clear idea of what the program does.

In other words, the main program calls will look very much like high
level psuedocode.

For instance,

if you were writing a complete program to get an automatic transmision
car started and under way, the main program calls
may look like

begin
  unlock steering column
  turn over ignition
  shift to gear
  accelerate
end

All of the above procedure calls call very detailed processes.
Programmers reviewing this code, however, can get a very
good understanding of why each step is taken when before they need to
view any code in detail.

The main procedure calls must therefore have menaingful names to give
the program readers such a clear understanding of
program operation.

Thanks for reading this.  Please help me and post or e-mail me the

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *********I need professional help!!!!**********

Quote:

>Can anyone help me with the following:
>I need a program that will produce a calendar for any month that I
>request between 1901 and today.  For instance, if I request February
>1932, a calendar something like the following should appear:
>     February 1932
> S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
>                            1  2
>  3   4   5   6   7   8   9
>10 11 12 13 14 15 16
>17 18 19 20 21 22 23
>24 25 26 27 28 29 30
>31
>Similarly, if I simply enter a month name, the program will produce a
>calendar for the current year/ month by default,
>and might look like (or something like it):
>_________________________
>|                                      |
>|      |   March 1996    |     |
>|===================|
>|   S  M Tu  W Th  F  S  |
>|         -------------------         |
>|                            1  2   |
>|   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  |
>| 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  |
>| 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  |
>| 24 25 26 27 28 29 30  |
>| 31                                |
>--------------------------------------
>Program requirement:
>- Make sure the program stays active until the user terminates it.
>- To navigate program opions, there should be some help available to
>the user on request. If the user doesn't need help, the
>help shouldn't get in the person's way.
>Coding specification:
>Write the main program calls as procedure/function calls wherever
>possible. That is, anyone looking at your main alone should
>have a very clear idea of what the program does.
>Thanks for reading this.  Please help me and post or e-mail me the

No, you need to have a chat with your instructor!  If you're having trouble
with your homework, talk to him or her.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *********I need professional help!!!!**********

Quote:
>Can anyone help me with the following:
>snip<

Looks like a assignment from a first semester Pascal class to me.

You should really do it yourself.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *********I need professional help!!!!**********

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *********I need professional help!!!!**********

Quote:

>>Thanks for reading this.  Please help me and post or e-mail me the

>No, you need to have a chat with your instructor!  If you're having trouble
>with your homework, talk to him or her.

This person does have quite an interesting assignment to mull over.

I've seen calendars which essentially do this on paper -- there are
thir{*filter*} calendar month listings, with a listing of months from
1901... and a number by them which represents the calendar listing it
belongs to.

I wonder if those numbers listed have any formula relation.  Or maybe
use of Zeller's Congruence perhaps on the first calendar day of the
month, then applying rules of months to determine how far to go with
the calendar listing with respect to days.....of course, remembering
those fabled leap year rules....

Very interesting one to try for a programmer.

BTW, does anyone have a statement of  Zeller's Congruence?  I haven't
worked with it in a while and seemed to have misplaced my notes on the
subject.

Glenn Grotzinger

MOD and S3M user extraordinaire.
Writer of TP tutorial.  All released parts findable at:
ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/tptutr0h.zip

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *********I need professional help!!!!**********

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *********I need professional help!!!!**********

Quote:
>No, you need to have a chat with your instructor!  If you're having trouble
>with your homework, talk to him or her.

Let me explain more thorougly.  We are being bent over the counter, my
class and myself.  My whole lab class has gotten into a big arguement
with the prof.  He is a weenie and he won't do shit.  He doesn't even
want to be here.  Whatever information you give me will be posted on
our course newsgroup.  Yes this is a first year course but it isn't a
programming course.  Our first assignment was turn on the computer and
list what you see.  Now we are doing this.  Do you think this is fair?
If not, give me all the help you can so I can help my classmates pull
out of this nosedive.  Thanks for any help you can give in advance.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *********I need professional help!!!!**********

Quote:

>>Can anyone help me with the following:
>>snip<
>Looks like a assignment from a first semester pascal class to me.
>You should really do it yourself.

I'd love to.  It's just that they didn't teach us{*filter*} all.  The profs
won't tell us anything that relates to programming.  They just ramble
on about how they used to do it all on paper and how scarce computers
were and blah blah blah.....  To give you an example of the quantum
leap in assignment difficulty...4 months ago:  Turn on the computer
and tell me what you see on the screen and what it means.  4 months
later....well you know.  Whatever you post to me, I will be
distributing among all the students.  Many of the classes have had
heated arguements with the profs during class so tensions are very
high at the moment.  Do what you can.  Thanks in advance.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *********I need professional help!!!!**********

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *********I need professional help!!!!**********

Quote:

>>>Thanks for reading this.  Please help me and post or e-mail me the

>>No, you need to have a chat with your instructor!  If you're having trouble
>>with your homework, talk to him or her.

>This person does have quite an interesting assignment to mull over.

>I've seen calendars which essentially do this on paper -- there are
>thir{*filter*} calendar month listings, with a listing of months from
>1901... and a number by them which represents the calendar listing it
>belongs to.

>I wonder if those numbers listed have any formula relation.  Or maybe
>use of Zeller's Congruence perhaps on the first calendar day of the
>month, then applying rules of months to determine how far to go with
>the calendar listing with respect to days.....of course, remembering
>those fabled leap year rules....

>Very interesting one to try for a programmer.

>BTW, does anyone have a statement of  Zeller's Congruence?  I haven't
>worked with it in a while and seemed to have misplaced my notes on the
>subject.

>Glenn Grotzinger

>MOD and S3M user extraordinaire.
>Writer of TP tutorial.  All released parts findable at:
>ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/tptutr0h.zip

I remember using Zeller's congruence when programming on the old ZX
Spectrum - oh so many years ago.  I would welcome a copy of the formula too
either to this group or to my e-mail address.

Thanks

tel/fax (at home - autoswitch): +44-(0)1428-651473
tel (at work): +44-(0)1428-643235
fax (at work): +44-(0)1428-654920
also for Marguerite Dolmetsch / Dolmetsch Musical Instruments
Dolmetsch Summer School / Southern Early Music Forum

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. *********I need professional help!!!!*********

2. *********I need professional help!!!!*********

3. *********I need professional help!!!!*********

4. US-NY- IT Professionals Needed

5. US-NY- IT Professionals Needed

6. Got Professional Help!!

7. D2: Async Professional help

8. Do professionals use tables?

9. TurboPower Object Professional

10. QuickReport 2 Professional full of bugs?

11. Turbo Power's Turbo Professional and Free Pascal

12. Quick Report 3.0.5 Professional