Getting "long" file names
Author Message
 Getting "long" file names

c > I was wandering if there is a way of getting long names
c > using some procedure like findfirst/next.
c > Maybe some units to do so.
c >
c > ps. If somebody know where are those "long" file names
c > stored? There must be a way to access them. Dos DIR
c > procedure gives short and long names.
    Look up the FindFirstFile Function, its the 32-bit equivilent to
    FindFirst....

___ Mountain Reader - 1.2

Quote:
>> Slipstream Jet - The QWK solution for Usenets #RFMAKRRY

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Getting "long" file names

Quote:

> c > I was wandering if there is a way of getting long names
> c > using some procedure like findfirst/next.
> c > Maybe some units to do so.
> c >
> c > ps. If somebody know where are those "long" file names
> c > stored? There must be a way to access them. Dos DIR
> c > procedure gives short and long names.
>     Look up the FindFirstFile Function, its the 32-bit equivilent to
>     FindFirst....

> ___ Mountain Reader - 1.2

> >> Slipstream Jet - The QWK solution for Usenets #RFMAKRRY

I can send you a unit retrieving the long name of a given short
file name.

the account in the header of this message.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Getting "long" file names

Quote:

>    Look up the FindFirstFile Function, its the 32-bit equivilent to
>    FindFirst....

But the program still needs to run in a DOS shell under windows 95/98,
right? (please prove me wrong)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Getting "long" file names under windows95.

2. EDBEngineError "Invalid File Name"

3. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

4. Getting Long File Name under Windows 95 - D.Exe [01/01]

5. "Name Not Unique In This Context"

6. "Invalid index/tag name."

7. Table name is "GROUP"

8. Finding "Server Name" from BDE Alias

9. ""256 Color Mouse""

10. Creating executable file + file handling "objects"

11. ComboBox that shows "Name" and returns "Value"?

12. HELP!!: "Multiple net files","Lock file has grown too large"