640x480
Author Message
 640x480

What screen mode is for 640 x 480 display?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 640x480

Quote:

> What screen mode is for 640 x 480 display?

Do you want to use the BGI drivers or BIOS functions?

Andras

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 640x480

9 is the value for 640x480

Quote:
> What screen mode is for 640 x 480 display?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 640x480

opps.  Device=9 is for the VGA driver
          Mode=3 gives you 640x480 only 16 color though

Quote:
> What screen mode is for 640 x 480 display?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 640x480

Take a look at my tutorial PXDTUT5.ZIP - it descripes coding SVGA graphics
with VESA 1.2 - using BIOS functions for mode setting, direct video-memory
access for plotting and hardware bank-switch for optimal speed..

Search for the file with FTP-search or get it from my homepage

http://www.image.dk/~tm

CU
  Telemachos from Peroxide

Quote:
> What screen mode is for 640 x 480 display?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 640x480

Quote:

> > What screen mode is for 640 x 480 display?

> Here's a list of most of the video modes.  Don't forget, they aren't as easy
> as mode $13.

Just a note.  These are 16-bit VESA mode numbers to be used with the VESA BIOS
extended int 10h calls.  They are *not* for use with the standard int 10h,
ah=00h call.  All in all though, knowing mode numbers aren't quite enough.
It's recommended to anybody interested in SVGA graphics to look for a copy of
the VESA specification (1.2 is reasonably easy to find, and should cover the
basics), and also more instructive code showing how to access video memory.

Quote:
> { 256 Color Modes }
>   Mode640x400x256 = $100;
> [snip]

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 640x480

Some standard VGA modes, but they are for less than 256 colors.

---------------------------VGA- of MCGA-adapters---------------------
MODUS 11 (VGA of MCGA)
    _ 640 x 480, grafisch
    _ 80 x 30 of 80 x 60 tekstformaat, 8 x 16 of 8 x 8 tekens per vak
    _ Maximaal 256 k kleuren toegewezen aan 2 attributen
    _ 1 schermpagina (0)
MODUS 12 (VGA)
    _ 640 x 480, grafisch
    _ 80 x 30 of 80 x 60 tekstformaat, 8 x 16 of 8 x 8 tekens per vak
    _ Maximaal 256 k kleuren toegewezen aan 16 attributen
    _ 1 schermpagina (0)
MODUS 13 (VGA of MCGA)
    _ 320 x 200, grafisch
    _ 40 x 25 tekstformaat, 8 x 8 tekens per vak
    _ Maximaal 256 k kleuren toegewezen aan 256 attributen
    _ 1 schermpagina (0)

Quote:
>What screen mode is for 640 x 480 display?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 640x480

: Take a look at my tutorial PXDTUT5.ZIP - it descripes coding SVGA graphics
: with VESA 1.2 - using BIOS functions for mode setting, direct video-memory
: access for plotting and hardware bank-switch for optimal speed..
:
: Search for the file with FTP-search or get it from my homepage

      I ran your tut5 exe on my Intergraph 3-D
Voodoo Rush and it wrote a list of about 40
modes, but scrolled down past half of them,
is there someway to pause after 24 lines?

Ken Fischer

---

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 640x480

Quote:
>What screen mode is for 640 x 480 display?

How do you mean this?
With 256 colors or only 16?
For the last, use this code:
driver := vga;
mode   := 2;
initgraph(driver,mode);

Should work. For 256 colors try to use my unit (see my homepage).

Bye,
Stefan
---
please remove the P in my email-adress to answer me

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 640x480

Quote:

>: Take a look at my tutorial PXDTUT5.ZIP - it descripes coding SVGA graphics
>: with VESA 1.2 - using BIOS functions for mode setting, direct video-memory
>: access for plotting and hardware bank-switch for optimal speed..
>:
>: Search for the file with FTP-search or get it from my homepage

>      I ran your tut5 exe on my Intergraph 3-D
>Voodoo Rush and it wrote a list of about 40
>modes, but scrolled down past half of them,
>is there someway to pause after 24 lines?

Can you select the 50-line mode first?

--

  Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - TP/BP/&c. FAQqish topics & links.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 640x480

: Can you select the 50-line mode first?

     I could, or even turn on the printer, but the
author has already sent me a modified exe, thanks.

Ken Fischer

---

P.S.    I even have trouble seeing 25 lines. :-)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. 2 pages on vesa 640x480 ?

2. Changing from 640x480 to 800x600 res

3. Mouse 640x480

4. 640x480 in ASM

5. 640x480 at 65536 colors BMP or any other format in DPMI

6. 640x480 256 colours?

7. SVGA 640x480 32k or 64k Colors?

8. FLC 640x480 Player

9. 640x480 graphics