How to report bugs?
Author Message
 How to report bugs?

I don't have a fax machine. Would someone please tell me EXACTLY
how to register a bug report for Borland Pascal to Borland? Every
time I ask Borland, they tell me that there is a place in their
Web Page for that, but I can't find what I'm looking for. Is there
a telepone number that I can call? Is there a document that I must
download? If there is a document, please tell me EXACTLY (not generally)
where it is. I'm sorry if I sound impatient, but I'm tired of making
pointless searches! :-)
--
..........Patrick D. Rockwell..................................................

Prodigy: hnhc85a
America On-Line: patri48975

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to report bugs?

Quote:
>I don't have a fax machine. Would someone please tell me EXACTLY
>how to register a bug report for Borland Pascal to Borland? Every
>time I ask Borland, they tell me that there is a place in their
>Web Page for that, but I can't find what I'm looking for. Is there
>a telepone number that I can call? Is there a document that I must
>download? If there is a document, please tell me EXACTLY (not generally)
>where it is. I'm sorry if I sound impatient, but I'm tired of making
>pointless searches! :-)

Just curious, what's the bug you want to report?  Have you done the research
to make sure it's a known bug, or if it's even a bug at all?

And, sorry, I'm not aware of any direct contacts for bug reporting.

Quote:

--
Scott Earnest          | We now return you to our regularly scheduled |

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to report bugs?

Quote:

>Just curious, what's the bug you want to report?  Have you done the research
>to make sure it's a known bug, or if it's even a bug at all?

>And, sorry, I'm not aware of any direct contacts for bug reporting.

Actually, no bugs. Not right now. There is a typo in the help file of BP
7.0 that I want to mention, but mainly, I just wanted to know because I
intend to get BP 7.0 this summer, and I want to know who I'd call if I
find any. Also, I don't think that there will be a new version of
Borland Pascal, unless enough people find enough bugs in Version
7.0/7.01. Last week, I asked Borland where I'd go, to report bugs, and
they gave me an answer that was too vague. After I posted the question,
I guess I just got sick and tired of getting a bunch of useless
them to send me some info which I haven't received yet) and I e-mailed
someone who sent me a reply. I'll quote part of it here.

You can submit a Bug at the following on the World Wide Web site.
http://www.borland.com/TechInfo/delphi/bugrpts/bugrpts.html

Or by calling our advisory lines at:
(800) 344-2266 (CCD advisory line-$2/Min)
(900) 555-1007 (900 advisory line -$2/Min)

I really don't know why they'd want to charge me for reporting a bug,
you'd think that reporting one would be a favor to them. :-)

--
..........Patrick D. Rockwell..................................................

Prodigy: hnhc85a
America On-Line: patri48975

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to report bugs?

Quote:

>Just curious, what's the bug you want to report?  Have you done the research
>to make sure it's a known bug, or if it's even a bug at all?

One approach in bug reporting might be to write it on a piece of
paper, fold it into an airplane, and cast it to the wind.  Another
approach would be to report it to Borland.   In both cases, you'll get
the same results.  Of course there's the Buglist that DJ started,
which will hopefully be continued.
http://www.webworldinc.com/joejared/
ftp://webworldinc.com/joejared/
--- Fidoknot v1.0

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. QUICK REPORT BUG ?

2. PR-Tracker v2.03 -- Tracks problem reports, bugs, defects

3. PR-Tracker -- Tracks problem reports, bugs, defects

4. PR-Tracker -- Tracks problem reports, bugs, defects

5. PR-Tracker v2.03 -- TRacks problem reports, bugs, defects

6. PR-Tracker v2.03 -- Tracks problem reports, bugs, defects

7. PR-Tracker -- Tracks problem reports, bugs, defects

8. Does Borland have an internet address where they list all reported bugs and their status?

9. Report Smith Bugs (master/detail reports)

10. Quick Report preview bug?

11. BUG REPORT related to TDateTimeField

12. Crystal Reports 4.5 BUG