CLPB Mini-FAQ V1.42 - Essential reading for those new to this newsgroup
Author Message
 CLPB Mini-FAQ V1.42 - Essential reading for those new to this newsgroup

I went to the link for the replacement CRT unit only to find it was
dated 8/99.  If this is indeed the latest version, I'm not sure it
qualifies as "LATEST NEWS" ... unless things move really slowly
on CLPB  :)

Maybe 'latest news' items could have a date associated with them?

regards,
Ed

Quote:

> Subject: CLPB Mini FAQ

> Archive-name: Pascal/borland-minifaq
> Posting-Frequency: Every Week
> Last-modified: 2000-10-08
> Version: 1.42

> LATEST NEWS: Borland releases TP7.01 on it's French Web Site
>               Replacement CRT unit available for download. See Section 4.1
>               Jeroen Prins has updated his pages. See Section 2.2

Wed, 09 Apr 2003 13:12:42 GMT
 CLPB Mini-FAQ V1.42 - Essential reading for those new to this newsgroup

Quote:

>I went to the link for the replacement CRT unit only to find it was
>dated 8/99.  If this is indeed the latest version, I'm not sure it
>qualifies as "LATEST NEWS" ... unless things move really slowly
>on CLPB  :)

Well, it seems that things really are moving slow here. In January, I
reported a serious bug with Pedt Scragg's replacement CRT unit relating
to the use of extended text modes, see:

http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=568449416&fmt=text

However, to this day, this problem has not been addressed, even though
it is easily reproducible on any system equipped with a VESA compliant
graphics card.

Haye van den Oever

Sat, 12 Apr 2003 06:41:15 GMT
 CLPB Mini-FAQ V1.42 - Essential reading for those new to this newsgroup

Quote:

>>I went to the link for the replacement CRT unit only to find it was
>>dated 8/99.  If this is indeed the latest version, I'm not sure it
>>qualifies as "LATEST NEWS" ... unless things move really slowly
>>on CLPB  :)

>Well, it seems that things really are moving slow here. In January, I
>reported a serious bug with Pedt Scragg's replacement CRT unit relating
>to the use of extended text modes, see:

>http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=568449416&fmt=text

>However, to this day, this problem has not been addressed, even though
>it is easily reproducible on any system equipped with a VESA compliant
>graphics card.

Rather than referring to an archive, could you post here the MINIMUM
complete Pascal program which clearly exhibits the bug which you believe
that you have found?  With, naturally, a statement of what behaviour you
consider to be incorrect, and any details of your system that may be
relevant.  BTW, are you saying that the unmodified unit behaves the
same, or correctly?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. CLPB Mini FAQ V1.46 - Essential Reading for those new to this newsgroup

2. clpb Mini-FAQ V1.45 - Essential Reading for new readers of this newsgroup

3. CLPB Mini-FAQ V1.39 - Essential Reading if you are new to this newsgroup

4. clpb Mini-FAQ V1.41 - Essential Reading for those new to this newsgroup

5. clpb Mini-FAQ V1.40 - Essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

6. CLPB Mini-FAQ V1.39 - Essential Reading if you are new to this newsgroup

7. CLPB Mini-FAQ V1.39 - essential Reading if you are new to this newsgroup

8. FAQ] mini-FAQ V1.56 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

9. clpb Mini-FAQ V1.38 - Essential Reading for New Readers

10. CLPB Mini-FAQ V1.38 - Essential Reading for New Subscribers

11. clpb Mini-FAQ V1.38 - Essential Reading for New Subscribers

12. clpb Mini-FAQ V1.38 - Essential Reading for New Subscribers