Precision Timer
Author Message
 Precision Timer

I need to find a very precise timer for Borland C++ Builder 5.0.  I'm
working on a project where I need to be able to control things as
accurately as possible, in the microseconds if possible.  I don't
really need this timer to fire events, just a simple function that I
can call with the desired wait time that will be operating inside a
loop or sequence of time critical instructions.  If anybody has
something like this or knows where I can get this from, please email
me.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Precision Timer

Quote:
> I need to find a very precise timer for Borland C++ Builder 5.0.  I'm
> working on a project where I need to be able to control things as
> accurately as possible, in the microseconds if possible.  I don't
> really need this timer to fire events, just a simple function that I
> can call with the desired wait time that will be operating inside a
> loop or sequence of time critical instructions.  If anybody has
> something like this or knows where I can get this from, please email
> me.

Why ask a C++ question in a Pascal group????

Try <http://www.gdsoft.com/swag/> and look for the timing one. IIRC
there is something in it that goes down to 850 ns...

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. getting high precision arithmetic for BP7

2. Rounding Off or Precision Error

3. Currency Field lossing precision

4. Arithmetic in multiple precision

5. Real precision

6. HELP !!! Table field precision

7. multiple precision arithmetic

8. Precision calculations

9. proper way to use single and double precision?

10. Precision of 'Reall datatype

11. Conversion of double precision

12. TRUNC et al. + number precision (inside CPU) questions