TDialog in WinCrt ???
Author Message
 TDialog in WinCrt ???

I have a program written in BP7.01 for DOS mode; substantially, all it
does is repeated ordinary Write/Writeln to the screen, and ReadKey, and
file I/O.

I have modified it to run in Windows mode using WinCrt, so that the
output to the window works more-or-less as before.

Can I now continue the upgrade by continuing mostly with WinCrt but
converting a portion of the code to a TDialog from OWINDOWS, and if so
what do I put for the first parameter of the TDialog variable's Init
call?

I'd prefer to modify incrementally rather than start with a whole new
TApplication, if that is possible.
--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.  Turnpike v1.10.  MIME.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TDialog in WinCrt ???

: I have a program written in BP7.01 for DOS mode; substantially, all it
: does is repeated ordinary Write/Writeln to the screen, and ReadKey, and
: file I/O.

: I have modified it to run in Windows mode using WinCrt, so that the
: output to the window works more-or-less as before.
[snip]
: I'd prefer to modify incrementally rather than start with a whole new
: TApplication, if that is possible.

I'm a novice myself to OWL but this is my thoughts:
 I'm sorry but I don't think that's possible. Ok it *is* possible but that
would be so much trouble and so much work that it's not worth it.
 It's easier to make the program (almost) from zero (i.e. make e new TApp).
"Steal" code from Borlands examplefiles to start with.
 When You know more about OWL you can erase Borlands code and write your own
code (more optimized for your app).

Just a thought...

/Jonas
| Who? Me?: Jonas Steverud                         | If All is One,      |

| Home....: http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/%7Ed4jonas |                     |

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. How to get Edit Fields in TDialog??

2. TDialog.Setname

3. Disabling controls in a TDialog?

4. Q:TDialog.Execute (TPWin 2.0)

5. ............Help on TGroup in TDialog

6. TDialog / TEdit / TPXPictureValidator

7. Data back from a TDialog to TMainWindow

8. wincrt.tpu

9. wincrt.tpu - Windows window

10. Question on WinCrt of TPW 1.5

11. wincrt and freepascal