Conflict between Deletes
Author Message
 Conflict between Deletes

Hi all,

I have a problem with using the standard Delete procedure for
substring deletion in my current program.  I'm also using collections
so when the program is compiled, I'm getting a compiler error of 26
(type mismatch) when the program hits the delete statement.
It's as if the compiler is expecting it to be a
tcollection.delete procedure and not the standard one.  The delete
statement is in a separate procedure from the ones that contain the
tcollection references.  Is there any way to force the compiler to
treat the delete statement as a standard delete procedure?

Hoping there's a straightforward way of fixing this...

Thanks!

Kurt

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Conflict between Deletes
kurt wulser schrieb:
Quote:

> Hi all,

> I have a problem with using the standard Delete procedure for
> substring deletion in my current program.  I'm also using collections
> so when the program is compiled, I'm getting a compiler error of 26
> (type mismatch) when the program hits the delete statement.
> It's as if the compiler is expecting it to be a
> tcollection.delete procedure and not the standard one.  The delete
> statement is in a separate procedure from the ones that contain the
> tcollection references.  Is there any way to force the compiler to
> treat the delete statement as a standard delete procedure?

> Hoping there's a straightforward way of fixing this...

System.Delete(...);
The same applies with Insert and Close (Window and File)

Franz Glaser

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. deleting ok unless the first one to be deleted

2. DBASE: permanently deleting deleted records

3. Conflicting error message formats from SQL Server 2000

4. BDE Installation Conflict - Help

5. PARADOX TABLE SORTING vs TABLE EDIT CONFLICT

6. TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?

7. Delphi 3, Delphi 4 BDE 5.01 conflict?

8. BDE install conflicts with previously installed BDE

9. monitor hassle conflict

10. monitor conflict

11. DAO/JET conflicts

12. Applications/DLL's that conflict with BDE?