Firing Serial Port Pins...
Author Message
 Firing Serial Port Pins...

I'm looking for code, (inline asm, ect) that will turn on the different
pins in a serial port.  Ideally I want to turn the pin on, leave it on,
process some data, and then return to turn it off.  I don't care about
incomming data, I'm just looking for a simple way to send specific
data to remotely controled equiptment.

e-mail if the reply is to large for posting...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Firing Serial Port Pins...

Quote:

>I'm looking for code, (inline asm, ect) that will turn on the different
>pins in a serial port.  Ideally I want to turn the pin on, leave it on,
>process some data, and then return to turn it off.  I don't care about
>incomming data, I'm just looking for a simple way to send specific
>data to remotely controled equiptment.

>e-mail if the reply is to large for posting...

I would suggest buying the excellent communications library from
Trubopower Software: http://www.turbopower.com/homepage/

The control pins on the port are controlled by the UART's registers
which are accessed by assemply level port I/O functions.

Dennis D. Powers
PC/POLL SYSTEMS

Support the anti-Spam amendment
Join at http://www.cauce.org/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Read/Write parrallel port pins

2. serial port software

3. serial port routines

4. Programming the Serial Port in D5

5. print to a serial port printer

6. How do I use the serial port

7. serialun.zip Turbo Pascal Object Oriented Serial Port Unit

8. networks and serial ports

9. Simplying serial com port selection

10. serial port drivers

11. Serial Port Monitor