compile to .dll ?
Author Message
 compile to .dll ?

Can I compile to .dll code resources
with a turbo Pascal compiler?

If so, are there any templates or does examples exist?

I want to code resources to use in labview virtual instruments.
I would love to do that in Pascal if possible.
For a windows98 systen.
I guess I don't know what I am asking.

Thanks for any info on the matter
Terje
terje.finstad.AT.fys.uio.no

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 compile to .dll ?

Quote:

>Can I compile to .dll code resources
>with a turbo pascal compiler?

You cannot do it with the product called Turbo Pascal.
You can do it with the product called Borland Pascal.

It is explained in the manuals, and in the on-line Help; see index entry
LIBRARY.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 compile to .dll ?

Quote:

> Can I compile to .dll code resources
> with a turbo pascal compiler?

> If so, are there any templates or does examples exist?

> I want to code resources to use in Labview virtual instruments.
> I would love to do that in Pascal if possible.
> For a windows98 systen.
> I guess I don't know what I am asking.

> Thanks for any info on the matter
> Terje
> terje.finstad.AT.fys.uio.no

You have to have borland pascal 7.0 to do this.  Set your target to
either 286DPMI or Windows.  You also need to modify your source to.
Instead of unit, use library.  And remember, this is a loadable DLL so
watch your variable accesses.
--
Daniel Rudy

Remove obvious anti-spam tags to reply
dcrudy at America Online dot com  (aol)
dcrudy at Pacific Bell dot net    (pacbell)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 compile to .dll ?

Quote:

> > Can I compile to .dll code resources
> > with a turbo pascal compiler?

> > If so, are there any templates or does examples exist?

> > I want to code resources to use in Labview virtual instruments.
> > I would love to do that in Pascal if possible.
> > For a windows98 systen.
> > I guess I don't know what I am asking.

> > Thanks for any info on the matter
> > Terje
> > terje.finstad.AT.fys.uio.no

> You have to have borland pascal 7.0 to do this.  Set your target to
> either 286DPMI or Windows.  You also need to modify your source to.
> Instead of unit, use library.  And remember, this is a loadable DLL so
> watch your variable accesses.

Afaik those DLL's don't work in win98 apps? Only with win3.1x apps?

I'm sorry if I'm wrong here, but it would be a shame to let him port it,
and then windows tells him the dll's are worthless :-)

--

Pascal page on www.stack.nl/~marcov/xtdfpc.htm
Fortuneclone (written in Pascal with humor archive ) on

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 compile to .dll ?

Quote:

> > > Can I compile to .dll code resources
> > > with a turbo pascal compiler?

> > > If so, are there any templates or does examples exist?

> > > I want to code resources to use in Labview virtual instruments.
> > > I would love to do that in Pascal if possible.
> > > For a windows98 systen.
> > > I guess I don't know what I am asking.

> > > Thanks for any info on the matter
> > > Terje
> > > terje.finstad.AT.fys.uio.no

> > You have to have borland pascal 7.0 to do this.  Set your target to
> > either 286DPMI or Windows.  You also need to modify your source to.
> > Instead of unit, use library.  And remember, this is a loadable DLL so
> > watch your variable accesses.

> Afaik those DLL's don't work in win98 apps? Only with win3.1x apps?

> I'm sorry if I'm wrong here, but it would be a shame to let him port it,
> and then windows tells him the dll's are worthless :-)

> --

> Pascal page on www.stack.nl/~marcov/xtdfpc.htm
> Fortuneclone (written in Pascal with humor archive ) on
>     www.stack.nl/~marcov/cookie.htm

I don't think so, I run Win 3.11 software under Win98 all the time.
Seems to work for me.
--
Daniel Rudy

Remove obvious anti-spam tags to reply
dcrudy at America Online dot com  (aol)
dcrudy at Pacific Bell dot net    (pacbell)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. I need to compile a 16 bit dll

2. DLL ACCESS WORKS IN IDE NOT COMPILED

3. DLL Compiling Question [FPC}

4. DLL Compiling Question [FPC]

5. OLE2.dll and COMPOBJ.dll

6. Calling codebase dll functions from another dll

7. My delphi3 needs dao3032.dll and i have dao35.dll

8. 32 Bit DLL call to Comdlg32.dll in Win 95

9. 32 Bit DLL call to Comdlg32.dll in Win 95

10. Failed to load resource DLL odbcint.dll

11. CloseFile in Delphi DLL not Closing File till Dll Unloads when called from VB

12. dbclient.dll and stdvcl40.dll fail to register