Decompiler
Author Message
 Decompiler

I am looking for a TurboPascal 7.0 decompiler. Please help me.
--
Greatings from:
   Bas van Oort

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Decompiler

Quote:
> I am looking for a TurboPascal 7.0 decompiler. Please help me.

   Like the mythical Fountain of Youth, one doesn't exist, nor will it
ever likely become reality.  I assume you mean some program/utility
which will convert a .EXE file back to its .PAS source: while it's
conceptually _possible_ to decompile into a .PAS source that could be
compiled into another .EXE, such a thing is virtually impossible to
create, and no one has ever been able to successfully produce one.
   At best, there are several programs which will convert a .EXE file
into a .ASM source - SOURCER is a commercial product - but I presume
that's not what you're seeking.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Decompiler

Quote:

> > I am looking for a TurboPascal 7.0 decompiler. Please help me.
> I will probably get flamed for this...  It is possible to write a TP7
> decompiler, but as far as I am aware none exist...  Although I did here
> rumours of a Russian production....

Didn't you hear? We invented one right here in this newsgroup! It
theoretically runs along the same principle that states if an infinite
number of monkeys pound the keys of an infinite number of typewriters
then eventually all literary works will be rewritten.

AME

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Decompiler

Quote:
> I am looking for a TurboPascal 7.0 decompiler. Please help me.

I will probably get flamed for this...  It is possible to write a TP7
decompiler, but as far as I am aware none exist...  Although I did here
rumours of a Russian production....

Richard

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Decompiler

:
: Didn't you hear? We invented one right here in this newsgroup! It
: theoretically runs along the same principle that states if an infinite
: number of monkeys pound the keys of an infinite number of typewriters
: then eventually all literary works will be rewritten.

I was hoping this thread was still running.  If you're interested in teh
academic possibilities of decompilations, have a look at
http://www.cs.uq.edu.au/groups/csm/dcc.html

It's serious, it's a PhD project!

Graham

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Decompiler

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997 00:28:27 GMT, Richard James

Quote:

>> I am looking for a TurboPascal 7.0 decompiler. Please help me.
>I will probably get flamed for this...  It is possible to write a TP7
>decompiler, but as far as I am aware none exist...  Although I did here
>rumours of a Russian production....

I think I've seen tpu decompilers but as for the executables...good
luck

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Decompiler

Quote:

>:
>: Didn't you hear? We invented one right here in this newsgroup! It
>: theoretically runs along the same principle that states if an infinite
>: number of monkeys pound the keys of an infinite number of typewriters
>: then eventually all literary works will be rewritten.

>I was hoping this thread was still running.  If you're interested in teh
>academic possibilities of decompilations, have a look at
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

>It's serious, it's a PhD project!

It really works too! The output looks uncannily like the original C
source, though some things get lost in (de)translation. I tried it on
some BP7 exes, but it didn't like them.

All we need now is someone to do a Pascal version.

Regards,
--
Bob Cousins, Software Engineer.
Home page at http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}netics/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Turbo.hlp decompiler

2. Has anybody a decompiler for TP 6/7

3. Turbo Helpfile (.tph, .tch, .hlp) Decompiler searched

4. Auto Decompiler for TP70

5. TPU decompiler ??????

6. TPU decompiler ?????

7. decompiler

8. pascal decompiler

9. decompiler.

10. Turbo Pascal Decompiler

11. Decompiler???

12. who can help me for a decompiler for Delphi 1.0