Overlay problem
Author Message
 Overlay problem

I don't know if anyone have this problem, but when I tried to run one of
my overlay programs on a 486, the computer simply rebooted.  If you have
this problem, or if you know what's wrong, please e-mail me.  Thanks.

              xx
             / .|_      "{*filter*} CHICKEN RULES!"               Adrian Pang

           /   (
  ((____.-.     )
   \\._._._'`  /
     \       /
       ------

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Overlay problem

Quote:

>I don't know if anyone have this problem, but when I tried to run one of
>my overlay programs on a 486, the computer simply rebooted.  If you have
>this problem, or if you know what's wrong, please e-mail me.  Thanks.

I'm having the same problem, although sometimes the overlaid programs
will come up and then crash when some of the overlaid units are
called. It did this on my 486DX-33, and now on my 5x86-133, but they
seem to be OK on 386's. I haven't a clue why, but it's aggravating.

Paul Kelley

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Overlay problem

Quote:
> I don't know if anyone have this problem, but when I tried to run one of
> my overlay programs on a 486, the computer simply rebooted.

It sounds like stack corruption; i.e. you are using NEAR procedures and
functions
in circumstances where you should be using FAR. The simplest way to solve
this
is to set the compiler to use the far-call method by putting {$F+} at the
top of your
main program file and all the units. For further information, the manual is
extremely
helpful.

Chris.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. over-110.zip Optimized TP6/BP7 Overlay unit

2. over-101.zip Optimized TP6/BP7 Overlay unit

3. error 208 overlay manager

4. TP6, Overlay, Map files

5. Source of overlay unit available

6. Swap heap & overlay space

7. Overlay unit

8. .MAP file format and overlay debugger hook

9. Turbo-3 Overlay Files

10. Overlay error 141

11. What is a overlay?

12. Q: Overlay units