Help needed in number conversions!! PLEASE!
Author Message
 Help needed in number conversions!! PLEASE!

Ok, I need to modify a program written in Pascal that is talking to
the other machine.  The program is totally uncommented, so I
cannot figure out the methods they use in there.  Basically, the
program sends a query to the machine and the machine sends back
the numbers(all in hex) which this program then converts to
decimal format and prints out.  Now, I need to do exactly the
opposite.   Simply speaking, it reads the registers on the machine
that it queries.  What I need to do is to modify this program so it
will be able to WRITE to the registers in the machine it reads data
from now.  Since the machine takes data in hex form, and registers
are 32-bits long, I need to figure out how to convert a decimal
number that I read from the input file to a signed 4-byte hex
number.  Are there any routines available for it?  Or can someone
please give me an advice on how to do it efficiently?(no nice and
simple way comes to my head).  PLEASE e-mail me if you have any
info that can help me with this situation or I'll be in trouble at work
soon. :(  Thanks a lot in advance.

Michael

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Help needed in number conversions!! PLEASE!

2. Help with Number Conversions

3. Need a bit of information please (Part Numbers)....

4. ReportSmith to QuickReport conversion - Help please!

5. ASCII to HEX Conversion help please!!!

6. Help with ASCII to HEX conversion please

7. Urgent need help with Interbase conversion!

8. Turbo Pascal help needed for integer conversion

9. Limiting the number of records in a query (Urgent - please help)

10. Numbers Conversion

11. number conversion in pascal

12. Conversion from numbers to words