HELP !!
Author Message
 HELP !!

 I need a TSR (terminate & stay resident) UNloader, in essence it needs to
unload ANY TSR, no matter what.

 - Ace

Lightining Never Struck
Twice In The Same Place...

UNTIL NOW.

 - Ace.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 HELP !!

 In> I need a TSR (terminate & stay resident) UNloader, in essence it
 In> needs to  unload ANY TSR, no matter what.

 In> - Ace

There is a little package of TSR Utilities written by Kim Kokkonen that
should be available from Turbo Power Software as shareware/freeware. I'm
not sure of the exact file name, but I believe it's TSRCOM.ZIP and should
also be available at garbo.uwasa.fi in the /pc/progutil directory or some
other likely place.

In this package comes two little gems called MARK and RELEASE, which allow
you to do what you want, although you have to be able to load MARK prior to
from memory up to and including MARK. This package also does a lot more in
this respect, but I suggest you to have a look for yourself.

  /-=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=-\

  %               http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~kforwood/              $
  $         For what purpose is life, if one cannot live freely?         %
  \-=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=-/
        WARNING: Flames and adverti{*filter*}ts sent to my email address
              may result in 20 gigabytes of garbage returned!

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 HELP !!

Quote:
> I need a TSR (terminate & stay resident) UNloader, in essence it needs to
>unload ANY TSR, no matter what.

> - Ace

My first reaction would be WHY?! directly followed by THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! Ok,
nothing is impossible... But think about it, how can you ever know what
resources are claimed by a TSR program, and how should they be unloaded? Clearly
you cannot interfere with whatever the TSR code is 'doing' or you are heading
for serious system crashes. Anyway, by far the easiest way to remove TSR's is to
change the AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files and restart the computer, many
programs do it that way. Don't forget to restart your programs from within
AUTOEXEC.BAT after the reset. You can even replace the DOS-startup-files by your
own versions and put them back again when your program is done (though this is
not normal practice!) and restart yet again to return to the normal
configuration. You can even do it 'by hand'... :) A nice example of dealing with
the startup files is MEMMAKER. Then there are TSR programs that have a unload
option build-in, but each TSR program can invent its own way of doing this and
most TSR programs don't have it. For instance DOSKEY. (DOS 7.0) does have a
REINSTALL option (?), but no UNINSTALL option.

Peter de Jong

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP............

2. Lousy Palette - help, help, help, help, help...

3. HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!

4. HELP!!HELP!!HELP!!HELP!!

5. MDB without ODBC?? Help Help Help

6. help-help-help: convert paradox database to another

7. HELP HELP HELP!!!

8. help help help me!!!!

9. HELP.. HELP ...HELP

10. Help, Help, Help BCD