how do i create something like this .... (no code needed just some info)
Author Message
 how do i create something like this .... (no code needed just some info)

I've seen programs like seagate diagnostics, partition magic 5 etc
having some special program that automaticly boots, now i wonder how
do they do this ? suppose i've got already the program created that i
want to start, how do i get it to start and do i have to make that
program on a special way ?
ow yeah and i don't mean putting it in the autoexec.bat ;)

something similar like the nt bootloader , it automaticly starts
ntdlr.exe, how can i do something like this ? please help tnx

Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:55:30 GMT
 how do i create something like this .... (no code needed just some info)

Quote:
> I've seen programs like seagate diagnostics, partition magic 5 etc
> having some special program that automaticly boots, now i wonder how
> do they do this ? suppose i've got already the program created that i
> want to start, how do i get it to start and do i have to make that
> program on a special way ?
> ow yeah and i don't mean putting it in the autoexec.bat ;)

> something similar like the nt bootloader , it automaticly starts
> ntdlr.exe, how can i do something like this ? please help tnx

I wouldn't know all the details, but I guess it's a program in the
disk's boot sector. The boot sector usually contains a small program
which loads MS-DOS (or whatever operating system you have). This is
just a guess, so don't blame me if it's wrong!

--

Faculty Of Science, University Of Liverpool
http://www.liv.ac.uk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 how do i create something like this .... (no code needed just some info)

Quote:

>> I've seen programs like seagate diagnostics, partition magic 5 etc
>> having some special program that automaticly boots, now i wonder how
>> do they do this ? suppose i've got already the program created that i
>> want to start, how do i get it to start and do i have to make that
>> program on a special way ?
>> ow yeah and i don't mean putting it in the autoexec.bat ;)

>> something similar like the nt bootloader , it automaticly starts
>> ntdlr.exe, how can i do something like this ? please help tnx

>I wouldn't know all the details, but I guess it's a program in the
>disk's boot sector. The boot sector usually contains a small program
>which loads MS-DOS (or whatever operating system you have). This is
>just a guess, so don't blame me if it's wrong!

I also think that. This means that you have to code your app (the ntldr
equivalent) without using dos. (so no interrupt use, no standard file
operations etc etc)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Need pascal code for doing matrix algebra

2. Need pascal code for doing matrix algebra

3. TStringList - I'm doing something wrong here - HELP

4. Need something like readkey

5. I need something like Turbo Vision in Graph Mode

6. I need something like TurboVision in Graph Mode

7. What to do if you liked TCursors???

8. Debugging Info in code?

9. VSync handler: info or source code???

10. Novice need help doing user interface

11. Need Hhheeeeellllllllppppppppppppp on doing Windows screen saver.

12. help I need to know whether this can be done