Share.exe - Theory?
Author Message
 Share.exe - Theory?

Could someone help me, I need information on
 how to lock and unlock files. I am writeing a program
that has to acces the same file from a server and a
client. (Dos link). I guess it wouldn't be good if both
programs wrote to the file at the same time.
Please explain to me how it works I have no idea.

thanx
<><

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Share.exe - Theory?

Quote:
> Could someone help me, I need information on
>  how to lock and unlock files. I am writeing a program
> that has to acces the same file from a server and a
> client. (Dos link). I guess it wouldn't be good if both
> programs wrote to the file at the same time.
> Please explain to me how it works I have no idea.

Are you using a DOS compiler from Borland? If that is the case, you
should use BCShare from Mike Woltz . It's a great filesharing and
locking unit, allowing you to use your databases in a mulit-user
environment.
If you're interested, please let me know...

Alex

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Share.exe - Theory?
Hello,

I'm interested for the same reasons than Alexander.

Denis

Alexander Erne a crit dans le message ...

Quote:
>> Could someone help me, I need information on
>>  how to lock and unlock files. I am writeing a program
>> that has to acces the same file from a server and a
>> client. (Dos link). I guess it wouldn't be good if both
>> programs wrote to the file at the same time.
>> Please explain to me how it works I have no idea.

>Are you using a DOS compiler from Borland? If that is the case, you
>should use BCShare from Mike Woltz . It's a great filesharing and
>locking unit, allowing you to use your databases in a mulit-user
>environment.
>If you're interested, please let me know...

>Alex

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. SHARE.EXE and Win95

2. File Locking, SHARE.EXE an Windows 95

3. The need for Share.Exe? Windows NT

4. Q: to SHARE or not to SHARE ?

5. Problem Sharing PARADOX tables via shared directory on server

6. Automata and Language Theory

7. Borland's SQL Server/Interbase Conspiracy Theory

8. Fast search routine needed (or the theory)

9. CRC theory question

10. Compiler Theory

11. Theory question

12. Database - a headache where theory meads practise!