tp 7 a windows program?
Author Message
 tp 7 a windows program?

Is TP7 a windows program or is it run in the MS-DOS part
or Windows 98?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 tp 7 a windows program?

Quote:
> Is TP7 a windows program or is it run in the MS-DOS part
> or Windows 98?

TP 7 comes in 2 varieties.

TP7 for DOS and TP 1.5 for Windows (3.1)

afaik both can be run in win9x with some patches

TP7 for DOS runs fine in a DOS box of Win98 here.

--
Regards Simon...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 tp 7 a windows program?

Quote:

>> Is TP7 a windows program or is it run in the MS-DOS part
>> or Windows 98?

>TP 7 comes in 2 varieties.

>TP7 for DOS and TP 1.5 for Windows (3.1)

not quite right. TP 7 is a  real-mode DOS compiler only. The BP7
consist of the real mode TP compiler, the proteced mode compiler BP(X)
and BPW for Windows (3.1). If the later is identical to TPW 1.5, i'm
not sure as i never used it.
Quote:

>afaik both can be run in win9x with some patches

>TP7 for DOS runs fine in a DOS box of Win98 here.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 tp 7 a windows program?

Quote:

>> Is TP7 a windows program or is it run in the MS-DOS part
>> or Windows 98?

>TP 7 comes in 2 varieties.

>TP7 for DOS and TP 1.5 for Windows (3.1)

1.5=7.0 ????

Osmo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 tp 7 a windows program?

Quote:
> Is TP7 a windows program or is it run in the MS-DOS part
> or Windows 98?

It is a DOS program. Under Windows 9x it runs in a DOS box.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 tp 7 a windows program?

Quote:
> not quite right. TP 7 is a  real-mode DOS compiler only.

not quite rght also,

TP7 comes with TPX.EXE that can do protected mode stuff also

BPW for Windows (3.1). If the later is identical to TPW 1.5, i'm not sure as
i never used it.

well bpw does DOS Protect and Windows 3.x stuff.

dunno if tpw does that I have never used tpw

--
Regards Simon...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 tp 7 a windows program?

Quote:
> 1.5=7.0 ????

I don't know if TPW handles dos and protect stuff.
it is manly for windows 3.x afaik.

--
Regards Simon...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 tp 7 a windows program?

> TP7 comes with TPX.EXE that can do protected mode stuff also

Yes, but it won't produce protected mode programs. Which is what you
need for Windows. Therefore TPW is closer related to Borland Pascal
than to Turbo Pascal.

Quote:
> BPW for Windows (3.1). If the later is identical to TPW 1.5, i'm not sure as
> i never used it.

I don't know "BPW for Windows". I wonder, though, if it is correct to
associate TPW 1.5 with BP 7.0 (identcial they're certainly not), since
in that case, what would have been the counterpart to TPW 1.0?

Quote:
> well bpw does DOS Protect and Windows 3.x stuff.

> dunno if tpw does that I have never used tpw

No, you can't compile DOS programs with it. But it included a Windows
IDE and a lot of additional software.

 - Sebastian

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 tp 7 a windows program?

Quote:

>> not quite right. TP 7 is a  real-mode DOS compiler only.

>not quite rght also,

>TP7 comes with TPX.EXE that can do protected mode stuff also

Turbo Pascal 7 definitely can't do protected mode programming. For
that you definitely need the "professional" Borland Pascal 7 Version.
If there is a TPX, then it's only and IDE/compiler that can take
advantage of additional memory for it's own use, but not for the
programs that you write.
Ralf

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 tp 7 a windows program?

Quote:
> I don't know "BPW for Windows". I wonder, though, if it is correct to
> associate TPW 1.5 with BP 7.0 (identcial they're certainly not), since
> in that case, what would have been the counterpart to TPW 1.0?

BPW is a windows IDE that comes with Borland Pascal v7.0 (BPW.EXE)

it is exactly the same a BP.EXE but is a windows GUI interface.

--
Regards Simon...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Porting BP/TP 7.0 programs to Windows 3.X/95/NT

2. Windows programs in TP 5.5

3. winres.zip Using Windows Resources from DOS/DPMI TP programs

4. Windows programs in TP 7.0

5. how can I launch a windows program from my windows program

6. Help: adapting graphics from TP DOS to TP Windows

7. Porting from TP for DOS 5.0 to TP for windows 1.5

8. Windows Constants in TP for Windows

9. tp-gls.zip Generalized least squares TP program

10. Problem to run a Window 3.1 program on Windows NT

11. Detecting Windows from non-Windows program

12. Creating Windows Program group from Pascal program