Patch for Graph Unit of fast PCs
Author Message
 Patch for Graph Unit of fast PCs

I need to obtain the patch for the Turbo Pascal 7 Dos Graph unit that
prevents error 200 when running on recent PCs  Can someone point in the
right direction to obtain this patch or the necessary updated Graph unit.

syemon.es (at) btinternet.com

Thanks in advance

Bernard Green
Proprietor / Consultant
Syemon Electronic Solutions
Sharnbrook. Bedfordshire  MK44 1PS

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 06:04:31 GMT
 Patch for Graph Unit of fast PCs

Quote:

> I need to obtain the patch for the Turbo Pascal 7 Dos Graph unit that
> prevents error 200 when running on recent PCs  Can someone point in the
> right direction to obtain this patch or the necessary updated Graph unit.

Look at the FAQ of this NG. BTW, it is the Crt unit, not the Graph unit.
If you do not need delay, sound, nosound, you can usually avoid crt in
Graph programs.

--
The easiest way to kill a Linux system:
www42:~ # rm /dev/null

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 06:23:44 GMT
 Patch for Graph Unit of fast PCs

Quote:

>Look at the FAQ of this NG. BTW, it is the Crt unit, not the Graph unit.
>If you do not need delay, sound, nosound, you can usually avoid crt in
>Graph programs.

CRT also provides routines that generally are needed: ClrScr,
GoToXY, ReadKey, TextColor, etc.

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 07:09:13 GMT
 Patch for Graph Unit of fast PCs

Quote:

> I need to obtain the patch for the Turbo Pascal 7 Dos Graph unit that

The problem is not the Graph but the Crt unit.

Quote:
> prevents error 200 when running on recent PCs  Can someone point in the
> right direction to obtain this patch or the necessary updated Graph unit.

Item #124 in
 165966 Jan 8 2000 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers, linked

and

search for ">200MHz" (no quotes) in
 CLPB Mini-FAQ Essential reading for those new to this newsgroup
 http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt

   All the best, Timo

Timo's  FAQ  materials  at   http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:41:40 GMT
 Patch for Graph Unit of fast PCs
Many thanks for the replies.

I now have the necessary patch coutesy of Frank and hopefully tomorrow I
will have running program.

Speed kills programs

Regards

Bernard

Quote:
> I need to obtain the patch for the Turbo Pascal 7 Dos Graph unit that
> prevents error 200 when running on recent PCs  Can someone point in the
> right direction to obtain this patch or the necessary updated Graph unit.

> syemon.es (at) btinternet.com

> Thanks in advance

> Bernard Green
> Proprietor / Consultant
> Syemon Electronic Solutions
> Sharnbrook. Bedfordshire  MK44 1PS

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 04:01:43 GMT

1. Patch for Graph Unit of fast PCs

2. problem with the graph unit-graph.tpu

3. Graph error after patching

4. fast PCs + debug-problems

5. TurboPascal programs on fast PCs

6. Fast PC's bug

7. Patched CRT Units

8. Patch for CRT unit.

9. graph unit

10. Graph unit question.

11. TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?

12. Unit Graph Problem