SMTP Client
Author Message
 SMTP Client

RE: Re: SMTP client

Quote:
>>I want to program a SMTP client with TPW so that I can send mail through my
>own
>>programs but I dont know the format of an email.
>>So please help me.
>Here is an example of email:

>DATE:BLAH BLAH
>TIME:BLAH BLAH
>{here can be some more informations...}
>{note that here is a one empty line}
>Here goes the body of your email
>{aaaaaarrrrgh! i forgot how do we say to computer: "Here's the end of
>message" =(}
>That's it! DATE: and TIME: are not required.
>btw, does anyone know some newsgroup for internet (protoclos/programming)?

     You are almost correct.  The end of mail must end in an period on a line
by itself, to signal the SMTP server that the message is completed ie:

====begin message example==========
From: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:16:45 +0000

It has been a long time since I have had this discussion, and considering that
this message does not have to make sense for this example.
.
===============end message example============

Note last line is a "." Period.

Art Johnston

    (714) 903-9920 -* Westminster, California*-

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SMTP Client
I seem to be missing something.

To which "file" or device can one "WriteLn" the message, to send it to
the SMTP server?  I'm running Win95 Dial-Up Networking with its built-in
TCP/IP subsystem, and Netscape Mail can send e-mail just fine, but I
want to send it from my Borland Pascal applications.  How can I talk to
the SMTP server from BP?  Does it matter whether the program is compiled
in Real, Protect, or Windows modes?

     - Rich

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. SMTP client

2. SMTP & Rich Text

3. FreePascal unit for SMTP?

4. Sending and receiving email (SMTP & POP3)

5. SMTP and NNTP source????

6. Just uploaded FREEWARE NNTP, SMTP and POP3 component to Super Page

7. smtp

8. Automatically detect SMTP server - Anybody knows ???

9. ActiveX SMTP in Delphi2

10. CLIENT - SERVER (How many clients?)

11. Client - Server "How many clients?"

12. Delphi 3.0 Client/Server with Sybase - client setup questions!