How do you make use of the window command in the CRT unit?
Author Message
 How do you make use of the window command in the CRT unit?

How do you make use of the window command in the CRT unit of Turbo Pascal
7.0?  I looked up the help file and when I tried to run the sample code, it
gave me an error saying a "." was expected.  When I added it in, it said it
needed an identifier.  This looks really like a record if you ask me, but I
really have no idea what it has to do with the window function...

Please help.

Thanks.

--
Rayearth

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How do you make use of the window command in the CRT unit?
Quote:

> How do you make use of the window command in the CRT unit of Turbo Pascal
> 7.0?  I looked up the help file and when I tried to run the sample code, it
> gave me an error saying a "." was expected.  When I added it in, it said it
> needed an identifier.  This looks really like a record if you ask me, but I
> really have no idea what it has to do with the window function...

> Please help.

It seems as if you had a "uses views" in your program, where
the TWindow is declared? Or something similar, maybe some
graphics unit?

The CRT - window does not paint anything, it simply does limit
the screen area, where you can write to. Try CRT.Window(....);

Franz Glaser

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How do you make use of the window command in the CRT unit?

Quote:

>How do you make use of the window command in the CRT unit of Turbo Pascal
>7.0?  I looked up the help file and when I tried to run the sample code, it
>gave me an error saying a "." was expected.  When I added it in, it said it
>needed an identifier.  This looks really like a record if you ask me, but I
>really have no idea what it has to do with the window function...

And we should read your mind to see what code you are talking about?

The error messages are not always so clear as TP does not know what you
want. Please post the code.

Do you by chance have also an unit called window?

Osmo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How do you make use of the window command in the CRT unit?
Umm, I don't know why...  Why when I tried again, it worked :P

Sorry for all the fuss...

--
Rayearth

Quote:

>>How do you make use of the window command in the CRT unit of Turbo Pascal
>>7.0?  I looked up the help file and when I tried to run the sample code,
it
>>gave me an error saying a "." was expected.  When I added it in, it said
it
>>needed an identifier.  This looks really like a record if you ask me, but
>>really have no idea what it has to do with the window function...

>And we should read your mind to see what code you are talking about?

>The error messages are not always so clear as TP does not know what you
>want. Please post the code.

>Do you by chance have also an unit called window?

>Osmo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How do you make use of the window command in the CRT unit?

Quote:

> >How do you make use of the window command in the CRT unit of Turbo Pascal
> >7.0?  I looked up the help file and when I tried to run the sample code, it
> >gave me an error saying a "." was expected.  When I added it in, it said it
> >needed an identifier.  This looks really like a record if you ask me, but I
> >really have no idea what it has to do with the window function...

> And we should read your mind to see what code you are talking about?

> The error messages are not always so clear as TP does not know what you
> want. Please post the code.

> Do you by chance have also an unit called window?

> Osmo

  Or is the program itself called window?

        - Bob

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Crt Unit that works in Windows NT?

2. Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5 - CRT unit

3. Win 1.5 Pascal - CRT Unit - Window positioning

4. Windows Pascal: CRT Unit?

5. I/O redirection while using CRT unit.

6. Clearing Screen Without Using CRT Unit?

7. I keep getting err 200 when using CRT unit in dos under win95

8. System Hang when using CRT unit

9. I/O redirection while using CRT unit.

10. crt.zip Replacement CRT units for Turbo/Borland Pascal

11. Calling CRT windows as child windows of main window

12. Doing a ReWrite of CRT - a thought on ReadKey