Running TP 7.0 in Windows 98
Author Message
 Running TP 7.0 in Windows 98

I've just bought a new PC running Windows 98.
Having installed Turbo Pascal 7.0 I find that the editor/compiler runs fine
but when I try and run any of my programs I get a 'Division by Zero Error'.

Is there any way I can fix this problem, or is this version totally
incompatible with Win 98!

Please help, I'd hate never to be able to run any of my old programs again.

Marc

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Running TP 7.0 in Windows 98

Quote:
> I've just bought a new PC running Windows 98.
> Having installed Turbo Pascal 7.0 I find that the editor/compiler
runs fine
> but when I try and run any of my programs I get a 'Division by Zero
Error'.

> Is there any way I can fix this problem, or is this version totally
> incompatible with Win 98!

> Please help, I'd hate never to be able to run any of my old programs
again.

> Marc

Marc,
Before posting any questions you should look around in the newsgroup.
This is a Very Frequently Asked Question.
It's called the RTE200 error and is due to the CRT unit causing an
overflow on fast machines.
You can download a patch for it at Franz Gl?zer's pages
http://bsn.ch/tp-links
and look for RTE200

Another good source for information is Prof. Timo Salmi's list of
FAQs:
ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
or Pedt Scragg's FAQ list:
http://homepages.force9.net/pascal/faq/clpb-faq.txt

Hope this helped a Bit,
Marcel
--
Please remove the *.NoSpam* entry from my eMail address when replying.
It's meant to keep Spam and Advertising out, not friends.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. problems with TP 7.0 for DOS under Win 98 - TURBO.TPL needed

2. Pascal-DOS-program won't run on Windows 98-PC

3. Runnuing Turbo Pascal 7.0 in Windows 98

4. Missing PRNFLTR for Turbo Pascal 7.0 on Windows 95/98

5. Running TP 7.0 Under Windows 95?

6. Migrating from Windows 95 to Windows 98

7. running under 98?

8. Borland Pascal Win 7.0 under Win 98

9. TP 5.5 and WIN 98 ?

10. Establish Dial-Up connection in WIN95/98 from TP

11. To stop program which is running in TP 7.0

12. run-time version of TP 7.0