Random sounds to SB16 using Windows MM API
Author Message
 Random sounds to SB16 using Windows MM API

I am having some real problems with using the MM API under windows.
I have been able to play/record waves files etc. with no problem.
What I need now is to generate individual sounds on demand such as a 1500hz
tone then a 2100hz tone.
I have tried the setvoicexxx command set that seems to sometimes work..
Here is a bit of code I have tried with limited success:
  opensound;
  setvoicequeuesize(1,1000);
  setvoicesound(1,1500,12000); {generate 1500hz tone}
  startsound;
  closesound;
I really need to find documentation on using the MMsystem API to generate
individual sounds.  It seems that Borland and Microsoft assume everyone
understands all they need to on this and so they don't document it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
                                        Dave Yeatman

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Random sounds to SB16 using Windows MM API

Quote:

> I am having some real problems with using the MM API under windows.
<snip>
> I really need to find documentation on using the MMsystem API to generate
> individual sounds.  It seems that Borland and Microsoft assume everyone
> understands all they need to on this and so they don't document it.

I hear that. I was working on a midi utility and unfortunately
discovered the same problem. I could really use some good docs on same.

Anyone.

Thanks,
Jim
--
CAPMan HF Propagation Prediction & System Analysis Software
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/KU5S

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. I need to play a sound using a SB16

2. how programming ? output sound by SB16

3. Getting the SB16 incoming sounds?

4. redirect sound to sb16 speakers?

5. Date problems dd/mm/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy in Access

6. How to use Windows API in Delphi?

7. API, fonts and dialogs [Windows]

8. Windows API from within a DOS program

9. Minimising Windows (API)

10. How to use Windows API in Delphi?

11. SETFOCUS WINDOWS API

12. windows API ?: GetActiveWindow(hndl : word)