Q. Polling Novell for user information
Author Message
 Q. Polling Novell for user information

Using TPW 1.5, Windows 3.X

I'm trying to find a way to poll my Novell LAN to find out
information about the  current user (primarily I'm interested in his name).  I
want this information to be returned to my program rather than to the
screen.

Can anyone point my in the right direction for information on how to
do this?

P.S.  I am not looking for a commercial product that performs this
task, but rather, how to program the poll myself.

TIA.

TELUS Corporation

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Q. Polling Novell for user information

Quote:
>Using TPW 1.5, Windows 3.X

>I'm trying to find a way to poll my Novell LAN to find out
>information about the  current user (primarily I'm interested in his name).  I
>want this information to be returned to my program rather than to the
>screen.

>Can anyone point my in the right direction for information on how to
>do this?

>P.S.  I am not looking for a commercial product that performs this
>task, but rather, how to program the poll myself.

Look for freeware netware-library (about 500K)

nwtp06.zip

to find at

novftp.rc.rug.nl   under  /pub/proglibs

or anywhere else   (Try to find it with ARCHIE)

This is the readme.1st file for the package.

SNIP--------------------------------------------------------------------

Netware Interface Libraries for Borland/Turbo Pascal (NwTP) version 0.6

A set of libraries (units) that allow Pascal programmers to write
Netware-aware programs. Includes functionalty ranging from reading
the bindery to multi-threaded peer tot peer communication. Supports
Real, DPMI, and Windows protected mode. Full sources included. Fully
documented. Ample examples.

Required: -Knowledge of Pascal;
          -BP/TP 6.x/7.x
          -Netware 2.15c/2.2/3.x

A few notes on some files:

README.EXE  Full documentation
NWTP  .TPH  Turbo Pascal helpfile, use within the 7.x IDE or with THELP.
            See Readme.EXE for help on how to install.

NW____.PAS  Source code of the units
X_____.ZIP  Source code of examples
REL   .TXT  Release note

SNIP------------------------------------------------------------------------

For (full) support of the Novell-NDS (NW4.X) I haven't found
unfortunately any PASCAL-Sources till now.

Good luck!

Reinald Fischer
Techical University Munich

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Novell Packet information

2. API Novell User Name

3. Wanted: Novell Netware code to determine users

4. Retrieving information of Paradox users?

5. Multiple Users Accessing Common Database Information

6. Poll: Please Take 2 Minutes to Answer...

7. Pascal compiler Poll

8. Pascal compiler Poll

9. Programming Poll

10. Pascal Poll

11. Pascal Poll

12. Poll: Please Take 2 Minutes to Answer...