Newbie needs help?
Author Message
 Newbie needs help?

I'm taking a Pascal programming course in college and need a pascal
compiler for my DOS based sytem.
I want to be able to write my program in text and compile it in DOS, then
be able to run the program through DOS?  I suppose the compiler would need
to make an EXE file.  After making  my program, I need to print it to the
screen, compile it on the screen, run it on the screen, then print to the
printer, all the stuff on the screen from the beginning (printing the
program on the screen).  At school I use a UNIX system and make a
typescript file, is there an equivalent for DOS?

If anyone can help me on finding a compiler that turns regular pascal code
into an EXE file, or on how to make a typescript type document in DOS,

                                                                Thank You,

                                                                        Robert Freeman

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Newbie needs help?

Quote:

>I'm taking a Pascal programming course in college and need a pascal
>compiler for my DOS based sytem.
>I want to be able to write my program in text and compile it in DOS, then
>be able to run the program through DOS?  I suppose the compiler would need
>to make an EXE file.  After making  my program, I need to print it to the
>screen, compile it on the screen, run it on the screen, then print to the
>printer, all the stuff on the screen from the beginning (printing the
>program on the screen).  At school I use a UNIX system and make a
>typescript file, is there an equivalent for DOS?
>If anyone can help me on finding a compiler that turns regular pascal code
>into an EXE file, or on how to make a typescript type document in DOS,

As far as a typecript document goes - I don't have a clue.  As far as
a pascal compiler goes, contact Borland.

You are probably after either Borland Pascal (250) or Turbo Pascal
(60), both for Dos.

I had trouble understanding your requirements though:  What do you
mean by 'print to screen, compile on screen, run on screen, print to
printer'? - Is it a UNIX thing?

Matt

--
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate - Anon.

HomePage:  http://ds.dial.pipex.com/matt.parkins/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Newbie needs help?

: I'm taking a Pascal programming course in college and need a pascal
: compiler for my DOS based sytem.
I guess most people use the Borland-Compilers (TurboPascal or
BorlandPascal). I use BP and I think it's OK.

: to make an EXE file.  After making  my program, I need to print it to the
: screen, compile it on the screen, run it on the screen, then print to the
: printer, all the stuff on the screen from the beginning (printing the
What do you mean by that. You write your program on screen, you don't need
to print it on the screen...
The Borland-IDE can print the source too, but that should not be the
problem. In DOS to print a file simply use COPY MySource.PAS PRN:

: If anyone can help me on finding a compiler that turns regular pascal code
: into an EXE file,
AFAIK _every_ Compiler does this :-)

: or on how to make a typescript type document in DOS,
                      ~~~~~~~~~~ What's that?

:                                                                       Robert Freeman

--

                      www: http://www.sbox.tu-graz.ac.at/home/weini

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie needs help on List Box

2. Newbie needs help

3. Pascal Newbie Needs Help...

4. Delphi Newbie Needs Help!

5. simple list doesnt work - pascal newbie need help

6. TP7 Error - Newbie needs help!

7. Newbie needs help

8. Newbie needs help - TNM Plugin programming

9. Newbie needing help

10. Newbie needs help please.

11. NEWBIE NEEDS HELP!

12. Newbie need help!