Need Advice For Pascal Project
Author Message
 Need Advice For Pascal Project

Quote:
>I am required to do a school project using Pascal but I don't know where to
>start from. Any ideas or suggestions?

The frequent homework questions asked here should give you a good
starting point :-) unless you've already done them :-)

--
Pedt

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need Advice For Pascal Project

Quote:
> I am required to do a school project using pascal but I don't know where to
> start from. Any ideas or suggestions?

   Subjectively, the best type of project for you to select is something
_which_interests_you_.  That is, pick a (reasonable) application which
_you_ would like to have available on your PC...and implement it yourself
in Pascal.
   There are several reasons for picking (something) this way: it'll be a
real project, having some actual usage; and you'll do a better job on it,
because you'll care about it.
   Of course, you'll have to be fairly rational about your project (size,
sophistication, use of system/graphics, etc.) - don't bite off more than
you can chew...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need Advice For Pascal Project
I am required to do a school project using pascal but I don't know where to
start from. Any ideas or suggestions?

Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need Advice For Pascal Project

Quote:
>I am required to do a school project using pascal but I don't know where to
>start from. Any ideas or suggestions?

Start by finding a *real* problem, perhaps something to do with school
administration or family/friends business (or perhaps you have a part-
time job?). If you "invent" a problem then you will have a very hard
time evaluating the effectiveness of your solution and you'll lose loads
of marks. Make sure you have access to your intended users so that you
can ask questions and monitor your progress throughout. Don't be too
ambitious - a simple project conducted well is worth more marks than a
complex project which you fail to complete. Check with your tutor to
find out where the marks are - it's no good spending 90% of your time on
the coding if it's only worth 20% of the marks. Beware the kind of
project which involves just typing in some data and then retrieving it
unchanged at some future date - your program should make some kind of
attempt to *process* the data, even if this is only a bit of sorting,
searching and statistics - you are supposed to be using a computer to do
something which would be *difficult* by any other means. Don't
underestimate how long it can take to complete a programming project -
create a schedule of tasks with dates and respect it.

Frequently, my students have difficulty selecting (or even finding) a
problem to solve. Here's a tip: Ask people "What is the most tedious and
mind-numbingly boring aspect of your job?". Nine times out of ten it
turns out to be an information-handling problem, and that's where YOU
come in!

Good luck -

--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Need Pascal to Delphi or C++ or Pascal 32-bit conversion advice

2. Need Advice & WTB: Turbo Pascal 7

3. New to Pascal..Advice needed

4. Dumping Pascal for C++, need advice.

5. Need a Pascal programmer for a small project

6. Need a pascal programmer for a small project

7. Competent Pascal and C programmers needed for a great project

8. Competent Pascal and C programmers needed for a great project

9. FPK Pascal developers needed for xWindow GUI project, GNU LGPL:ed

10. Advice needed : Simple Database

11. Need architecture advice

12. Need suggestions/advice for new system