running windows exe programs from Turbo Pascal
Author Message
 running windows exe programs from Turbo Pascal

I am trying to call certain windows95 exe (e.g. media player) programs
from my turbo Pascal6.0 program. I have used the exec command and it
will call and run the program and allow me to pass it parameters but I
can't figure out how to get it to open the window maximized and more
importantly how to get it to return gracefully to my pascal program
after it has played the .wav file or I have clicked on the exit button
in the program in windows.
I have tried running a batch file from the pascal program using the exec
command because then I could use the start /max batch file command (and
pass parameters to the windows program and possibly get it to come back
to pascal) but windows terminates the pascal program with a {*filter*} error
message saying I "tried to execute an invalid instruction".

Any suggestions  on running batch files from a Turbo Pascal program or
on opening and closing windows exe files from TP would be much
appreciated. I've tried so many different combinations, my eyes are
crossing!!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. How can a .exe file runs in DOS has windows?(Made in Turbo Pascal)

2. How run a program.exe at the end of a pascal program

3. Turbo Pascal 1.5 Windows and TDW.EXE

4. Help- Problems running Borland Turbo Pascal V7 under windows 95

5. Pascal-DOS-program won't run on Windows 98-PC

6. Problem to run a Window 3.1 program on Windows NT

7. Problems while running a turbo pascal program

8. Running External EXE files from a program [EXEC]

9. Running a batch or EXE file from a TP program

10. Running .EXE files from program

11. Program works in IDE, but not when running the EXE

12. Programming hypertext in Turbo Pascal for Windows