Debugging Flat Mode Code
Author Message
 Debugging Flat Mode Code

To All,

  Debugging Flat  Mode Code can be difficult  since  Borland De{*filter*}s
  cannot view memory above 1 meg.

  I have uploaded VX.EXE, which is a small 16k TSR that allows  you to
  view the contents of memory anywhere in the 4 gig x86 address space.

  Eight markers  are provided to store memory  locations  for viewing.
  Four of the markers are under software control and can be changed in
  your program while you are debugging.

  Other features of VX.EXE are described at

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

  Best Regards,

  Mike Monett

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:41:45 GMT
 Debugging Flat Mode Code

Quote:

> To All,

>   Debugging Flat  Mode Code can be difficult  since  Borland De{*filter*}s
>   cannot view memory above 1 meg.

>   I have uploaded VX.EXE, which is a small 16k TSR that allows  you to
>   view the contents of memory anywhere in the 4 gig x86 address space.

>   Eight markers  are provided to store memory  locations  for viewing.
>   Four of the markers are under software control and can be changed in
>   your program while you are debugging.

>   Other features of VX.EXE are described at

>     http://www.*-*-*.com/

>   Best Regards,

>   Mike Monett

Minor updates to the documentation:

I fixed several broken urls in VX.HLP, and there was a small math
error in the comments in VXDEMO which is now correct. There was no
change to the code. The updated files are available at the same url:

  http://www.*-*-*.com/

Regards,

Mike Monett

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:47:39 GMT

1. FLAT mode from Virtual mode

2. CRASH in debug mode (not in design mode) / access to DB

3. real flat mode????

4. VESA LFB & Flat real mode

5. Flat Real Mode

6. High Flat VESA RAM in Protected Mode?

7. Real Mode Flat memory of 4 GIG????

8. debugging and protected mode

9. Debugging in the IDE in protected mode?

10. No debugging available in Protected Mode?

11. debug in protected mode

12. EExceptionError running app in debug mode-please help!