Fortran DLL
Author Message
 Fortran DLL

it is possible to use in delphi a program
written in fortran through a DLL?

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:49:32 GMT
 Fortran DLL

Quote:

> it is possible to use in delphi a program
> written in fortran through a DLL?

Hi Fadel,

You maybe better off asking this in a Delphi newsgroup, but I'd say
your chances of doing that are slim (but I have no idea on what the
full capabilaties of Delphi are).

With Regards,
Ross.

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:48:21 GMT
 Fortran DLL

Quote:

> > it is possible to use in delphi a program
> > written in fortran through a DLL?

> Hi Fadel,

> You maybe better off asking this in a Delphi newsgroup, but I'd say
> your chances of doing that are slim (but I have no idea on what the
> full capabilaties of Delphi are).

> With Regards,
> Ross.

Difficult to say indeed. Didn't hear about fortran for a very long long
time. A lot will depend on the compiler that was used to make the DLL
with. You will have to find out whether is was originally compiled for 16
bit (Win 3.xx) or 32 bit (W9x, 2K Me XP etc). In case of the first you
may have a better chance to bind it into a BP/TP for windows program,
otherwise Delphi 1.0.
--
Femme

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:02:11 GMT
 Fortran DLL

Quote:

> Difficult to say indeed. Didn't hear about fortran for a very long
long
> time. A lot will depend on the compiler that was used to make the
DLL
> with. You will have to find out whether is was originally compiled
for 16
> bit (Win 3.xx) or 32 bit (W9x, 2K Me XP etc). In case of the first
you
> may have a better chance to bind it into a BP/TP for windows
program,
> otherwise Delphi 1.0.

To the best of my knowledge Fortran 90 is the latest of the Fortran's
(I suppose that would not be classified as a very long long time). But
to say anything else about it (e.g. Which OSes? Capabilities of it?) I
would only be guessing. I know COBOL has sprung back into action in
the Windoze era (as some sort of alternative to Javascript for Windoze
web browsers), so it's possible that Fortran is still lurking around.

Regards,
Ross.

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 07:14:33 GMT
 Fortran DLL

Quote:
> it is possible to use in delphi a program
> written in fortran through a DLL?

yes...for example, see http://www.nag.co.uk/numeric/BorlandDelphi.asp
which describes (albeit briefly) calling the Numerical Algorithms Group
Fortran DLLs from Delphi...and the website for Lahey's latest Fortran
compilers specifically mentions support of Delphi via DLLs (see
http://www.lahey.com/windows.htm#dll)

--
Mark Vaughan
____________

Visit the Numerical Methods in Pascal web page at
http://www-rab.larc.nasa.gov/nmp/fNMPhome.htm

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 02:47:52 GMT
 Fortran DLL
These routines fortran allows to make simulations of flows
for nets of nodes.

The DLL this created with MS Fortran PowerStation 4.0
for Win32 with the option!MS$ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT:: PROG
where PROG is the name of the main subroutine.

My program should be able to draw the net of nodes
and to execute the simulation using the fortran routine
in the DLL.

Quote:

> To the best of my knowledge Fortran 90 is the latest of the Fortran's
> (I suppose that would not be classified as a very long long time). But
> to say anything else about it (e.g. Which OSes? Capabilities of it?) I
> would only be guessing. I know COBOL has sprung back into action in
> the Windoze era (as some sort of alternative to Javascript for Windoze
> web browsers), so it's possible that Fortran is still lurking around.

> Regards,
> Ross.

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 00:40:45 GMT
 Fortran DLL

Quote:

> These routines fortran allows to make simulations of flows
> for nets of nodes.
> The DLL this created with MS Fortran PowerStation 4.0
> for Win32 with the option!MS$ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT:: PROG
> where PROG is the name of the main subroutine.

So you are saying this is pretty much a win32 binary/dll..

Try a true win32 compiler than, like Delphi, or FPC (www.freepascal.org

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 04:44:15 GMT
 Fortran DLL
this solution for my it is not feasible since i would
have to translate 5200 of code lines and dont have time
for this.

Quote:

> So you are saying this is pretty much a win32 binary/dll..

> Try a true win32 compiler than, like Delphi, or FPC (www.freepascal.org

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:40:31 GMT
 Fortran DLL

Quote:

>> So you are saying this is pretty much a win32 binary/dll..

>> Try a true win32 compiler than, like Delphi, or FPC (www.freepascal.org
> this solution for my it is not feasible since i would
> have to translate 5200 of code lines and dont have time
> for this.

If it is such a small amount, I think workarounds to get it compiling under
BP with a win32 DLL will be more work.

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:26:45 GMT
 Fortran DLL

Quote:
> this solution for my it is not feasible since i would
> have to translate 5200 of code lines and dont have time
> for this.

Maybe a suggestion is to use MS Fortran PowerStation 4.0 to build an
executable (.EXE) from the dll. The executable can be called within your
16 bit pascal program using EXEC.

e.g. I am using  the following statement to call the notepad editor

swapvectors;
Exec(GetEnv('COMSPEC'), '/C Notepad.exe Myfile.TXT'));
swapvectors;

--
Femme

Quote:

> > So you are saying this is pretty much a win32 binary/dll..

> > Try a true win32 compiler than, like Delphi, or FPC

(www.freepascal.org

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:27:08 GMT

1. Calling Fortran routines using GNU

2. Fortran newsgroup?

3. Fortran-Pascal interaction

4. Using pascal and Fortran

5. Fortran compiler???

6. Fortran RAN ->Pascal ?

7. Fortran - Pascal string passing problems

8. FORTRAN CODE TO PASCAL - this time I got it right - c-means.for (1/1)

9. FORTRAN CODE TO PASCAL - this time I got it right - c-means.for (0/1)

10. TP and Fortran

11. Announce: very beta fortran to pascal translator

12. The world's foremost FORTRAN to C Translator