Multipying Integers - This is for Kate
Author Message
 Multipying Integers - This is for Kate

Hi Kate,
     I lost your question so I hope I am posting this answer to the
correct group.

     The problem with multiplying integers with large values is that
Pascal
insists on doing the math AS INTEGERS and then passing the answer.
Therefore
your must CAST the variables to a larger type:

      Answer:= Longint( Key ) * Longint ( Key );

Now it will do the math as Longint(s).

Please let me know if this worked for you.

Hank

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. storing a list of integers in one integer.

2. DBLookupCombo - Documentation/Am I mad?

3. I am really sorry

4. What am I doing wrong...

5. I am stuck - TDecisionQuery AV in SQLORA8.DLL

6. WHAT DBGRID FIELD AM I

7. IndexDefs - am I using the right property?

8. Desperate for help...What am I missing?

9. Am I hitting the Limit here?

10. SQL - Where am I wrong?

11. HELP : I am stuck ! DBGrid (D1)

12. Losing File Handles - But I am not using Files