dipose [Invalid Pointer operation]
Author Message
 dipose [Invalid Pointer operation]

Quote:

> This may sound like such a newbie question (and is), but im making a queue,
> and i made the enqueue and it works fine.....when i dequeue, and try to
> dispose, i get an invalid pointer operation...Its error 204...Please help...

> for example

 - - - - Deleted most text to save space. - - - -

Quote:

> procedure initlilque(var Q:lilque);
> {Makes Q an empty queue.  Destroys any data that was in Q.}
> var temp : ptr2lilnode;
>     element:word;
> begin
>      repeat
>            if q.front <> nil then
>               begin
>                    temp := q.front;
>                    q.front := q.front^.link;
>                    dispose(temp);  { <-- IT DIES HERE}
>               end;
>      until q.front = nil;
>      Q.back := nil;
> end;

This is a guess - based on my own experience. At the beginning of your
program, do you Initialize all of your Pointers by setting them to nil
before doing anything else?

--
Val Mehling - anti-spam in effect.
For e-mail reply to:

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Invalid pointer operation

2. Invalid Pointer Operation after FPC 1.00 installation and an Ansistring problem

3. Invalid pointer operation???!!!

4. DbiGetProcs Oracle 7.2 Invalid Floating Point Operation

5. Error 207 - Invalid floating point operation

6. Error 207 - Invalid Floating Point Operation

7. error 207: invalid floating poind operation

8. Delphi 3 Invalid Operation Error

9. TQuery error: Invalid floating point operation???

10. Invalid Pointer problem

11. !Help with DLL 'Invalid Pointer Operation problems'!

12. pointers, pointers, pointers...