finding *.* file in dir
Author Message
 finding *.* file in dir

Quote:

>> I have failed to learn how to correctly apply the pre-defined
>> procedure findFirst and the function fSearch. What is the most
>> efficient/simplest method of learning if a <string>.<char>* file
>> exists within the current or specified directory without
>> accessing/using MSDOS. I am using Turbo Pascal 5.5 for DOS.

>Try the online help (Ctrl-F1 on word FindFirst) - there should be
>an example. BTW these functions (fortunately) use the DOS services
>via interrupts...

He's using TP5.5.  Now although TP7/BP7 have the example, TP5 does not;
TP5.5 may not.

TSFAQP #12 contains an example of FindFirst; #108 goes further; other #
use it.  #47 "How can I test whether a file exists?" shows FSearch.

FindFirst.

All reasonable methods do use MSDOS, but via Borland library routines.

--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Net File Dir

2. files in directories (dir in Pascal)

3. Multiple file/dir support

4. How to find a file after installation of application

5. Q:Finding text in a file?

6. REQ: finding and editing strings in access files !!!!

7. are multiple parallel file finds possible ???

8. Index File Not Found?

9. When creating disks with installshield i get: DATAPUMP.EXE file not found

10. help regarding file not found (object.tpu)

11. WHERE CAN I FIND THE GRAPH.TPU FILE?

12. finding files without using DOS unit