delay in wincrt?
Author Message
 delay in wincrt?

How I can done delay procedure in windows16bit program ?

Thanx
Pawel

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 delay in wincrt?

Quote:

>How I can done delay procedure in windows16bit program ?

{repeat posting..perhaps this issue shuold be included in the meta
FAQ. (p.scragg(?)}

Under win16 (which is the platform of TPW15) there is no place for a
'delay' procedure. The win16 platform is not a pre-emptive o/s - it is
a co-operative multitasking o/s. So, no application can 'hog' the
processor for more time than is neccessary. It should return to the
O/S as soon as possible after handling a message.

    One way to implement a 'delay' under win16, use the
settimer/WM_TIMER
paradigm. Windows will send the WM_TIMER message to your app after the
time period set by the settimer procedure has 'timed out'. In the
meanwhile, windows will have been able to give processor time to other
apps/windows.

--
Jeremy O'Connor
line 2

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 delay in wincrt?

Quote:

>>How I can done delay procedure in windows16bit program ?

>{repeat posting..perhaps this issue shuold be included in the meta
>FAQ. (p.scragg(?)}

It does seem to be getting to be a FAQ. Yes, I agree - am adding it to
the Mini-FAQ at the weekend. It's perhaps one also for Timo's FAQ.

--
Information on Newsgroup posted weekly on Sunday - read before writing!
Contains links to    |  http://homepages.force9.net/Pascal/faq/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 delay in wincrt?

:>>How I can done delay procedure in windows16bit program ?

:It does seem to be getting to be a FAQ. Yes, I agree - am adding it to
:the Mini-FAQ at the weekend. It's perhaps one also for Timo's FAQ.

Thanks for the tip, friend Pedt. But, as you'll recall, my FAQ is
limited to MS-DOS only. And still is.

   All the best, Timo

Timo's  procmail tips at  http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/proctips.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 delay in wincrt?

Quote:

>:>>How I can done delay procedure in windows16bit program ?

>:It does seem to be getting to be a FAQ. Yes, I agree - am adding it to
>:the Mini-FAQ at the weekend. It's perhaps one also for Timo's FAQ.

>Thanks for the tip, friend Pedt. But, as you'll recall, my FAQ is
>limited to MS-DOS only. And still is.

Thanks for reminding me Timo, I had completely forgotten.
--
Pedt
http://signpost-design.co.uk/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. wincrt.tpu

2. wincrt.tpu - Windows window

3. Question on WinCrt of TPW 1.5

4. wincrt and freepascal

5. WINCRT

6. WinCRT in FreePascal

7. Documentation of FreePascal WinCrt & WinMouse units

8. WIncrt

9. WinCRT

10. TDialog in WinCrt ???

11. WinCRT

12. Looking for WinTypes,WinCrt,WinProcs units, please...