wincrt.tpu - Windows window
Author Message
 wincrt.tpu - Windows window

Using BP 7, I would like to compile a program as a Windows application, which means that the
executable file doesn't run in DOS mode anymore. However, BP7 then tells me I should use
wincrt.tpu which doesn't exist. Which unit may I use as a replacement ?

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:01:05 GMT
 wincrt.tpu - Windows window

Quote:

> Using BP 7, I would like to compile a program as a Windows application, which means that the
> executable file doesn't run in DOS mode anymore. However, BP7 then tells me I should use
> wincrt.tpu which doesn't exist. Which unit may I use as a replacement ?

Either your BP7 seems to be incomplete or you aren't using BPW for this
task. BPW is the Windows programming part of BP.
The WINCRT.TPU will be in TPW.TPL (look at it using TPUMOVER) which is
in your \BIN directory.

Or are there other possibilities?

Greetings

Markus

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:59:22 GMT
 wincrt.tpu - Windows window

Quote:
> Either your BP7 seems to be incomplete or you aren't using BPW for this
> task. BPW is the Windows programming part of BP.

Well, I was trying to do this with the DOS version of BP which has an option to produce a
Windows output. That's the reason why I thought there shouldn't be any difference between BP and
BPW, hence producing a Windows program using BP shouldn't be a problem either. However, it then
says that wincrt is required (Error 15: File not found (CRT.TPW)). Moreover, the Windows version
BPW is as well unable to find crt.tpw (Error 15: File not found (CRT.TPW) - Indeed, the file
CRT.TPW is NOT on my harddisk, whereas I have a file named CRT.TPU), or programs which don't
require any unit compile well but when they are launched they produce an error message (Runtime
error 105). That's the reason why I use the DOS version of BP, which is at least able to find
the crt unit with the DOS target. It is perhaps worth saying that I had to modify the crt unit
by applying the patch to the well-known division by zero bug (Runtime Error 200) caused by
"fast" processors with the command lines
        TPUMOVER TURBO.TPL -CRT
        TPUMOVER TURBO.TPL +CRT
I didn't do it for TPW.TPL, should I ?

Quote:
> The WINCRT.TPU will be in TPW.TPL (look at it using TPUMOVER) which is
> in your \BIN directory.

Yes, I found WINCRT.TPU in TPW.TPL. Any idea how to solve this error concerning BP and the
absence of CRT.TPW ?

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:57:37 GMT
 wincrt.tpu - Windows window

Quote:
> > Either your BP7 seems to be incomplete or you aren't using BPW for
this
> > task. BPW is the Windows programming part of BP.

> Well, I was trying to do this with the DOS version of BP which has an
option to produce a
> Windows output. That's the reason why I thought there shouldn't be any

difference between BP and
Quote:
> BPW, hence producing a Windows program using BP shouldn't be a problem

either. However, it then
Quote:
> says that wincrt is required (Error 15: File not found (CRT.TPW)).

Moreover, the Windows version
Quote:
> BPW is as well unable to find crt.tpw (Error 15: File not found

(CRT.TPW) - Indeed, the file
Quote:
> CRT.TPW is NOT on my harddisk, whereas I have a file named CRT.TPU), or

programs which don't
Quote:
> require any unit compile well but when they are launched they produce

an error message (Runtime
Quote:
> error 105). That's the reason why I use the DOS version of BP, which is

at least able to find
Quote:
> the crt unit with the DOS target. It is perhaps worth saying that I had

to modify the crt unit
Quote:
> by applying the patch to the well-known division by zero bug (Runtime

Error 200) caused by
Quote:
> "fast" processors with the command lines
>         TPUMOVER TURBO.TPL -CRT
>         TPUMOVER TURBO.TPL +CRT
> I didn't do it for TPW.TPL, should I ?

> > The WINCRT.TPU will be in TPW.TPL (look at it using TPUMOVER) which
is
> > in your \BIN directory.

> Yes, I found WINCRT.TPU in TPW.TPL. Any idea how to solve this error

concerning BP and the

Quote:
> absence of CRT.TPW ?

I think I'm beginning to see the problem.
CRT.TPP  or  CRT.TPU are the compiled units that give you functionality
for Dos text mode screen. CRT.TPW does not exist since CRT is not
designed to run in a windows window.
WINCRT is the equivalent for windows. So this is the one you should use
to replace CRT. You have to replace this in *all* of your units. If in
any of your units a uses clause with CRT still exists, the compiler will
look for the non existent CRT.TPW since it is compiling to windows.

-- Femme

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 23:11:45 GMT
 wincrt.tpu - Windows window

Quote:
> > > The WINCRT.TPU will be in TPW.TPL (look at it using TPUMOVER) which
> WINCRT is the equivalent for windows. So this is the one you should use
> to replace CRT. You have to replace this in *all* of your units. If in
> any of your units a uses clause with CRT still exists, the compiler will
> look for the non existent CRT.TPW since it is compiling to windows.

Ok, I think I found out how to solve the problem: I just had to copy WINCRT.TPU from the BIN
directory to the UNITS directory, which is my default directory for all units. So stupid... :)

Thu, 08 Jul 2004 01:47:06 GMT
 wincrt.tpu - Windows window

Quote:

> Using BP 7, I would like to compile a program as a Windows application, which means that the
> executable file doesn't run in DOS mode anymore. However, BP7 then tells me I should use
> wincrt.tpu which doesn't exist. Which unit may I use as a replacement ?

It does exist, but it is normally included in a library file.

Try the following command in your \BP\BIN directory:
    tpumover tpw.tpl

Regards, Ren
--
Using Virtual Access
http://www.vamail.com

Thu, 08 Jul 2004 02:49:00 GMT
 wincrt.tpu - Windows window

Quote:
> Try the following command in your \BP\BIN directory:
>     tpumover tpw.tpl

Yes, it shows the units included in tpw.tpl. Anyway, the problem was solved by simply copy the
tpw.tpl file from the BIN to the UNITS directory (!). Thanks to everyone who helped.

Thu, 08 Jul 2004 04:54:28 GMT

1. WINCRT and Windows'95 -- Need help

2. Calling CRT windows as child windows of main window

3. Windows.TPU

4. TPU for Windows....!!!

5. windows.tpu

6. Turbo Windows 1.5 Strings TPU