Conversion from numbers to words
Author Message
 Conversion from numbers to words

Hi, i want to change numbers into their respective words.....such as:

2419  i want it to write out two thousand four hundred nine{*filter*}

I have the thousands and hundreds working...but dont know how i would do the
{*filter*}S part...since its different...
i use a case statement....but do i like have to put if then statements in
there or something...should i use an array?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Conversion from numbers to words
You are on the right track, but obviously haven't realized the full
impact yet:

Because the "{*filter*}s" are special you need to have a separate case
for the tens digit equal 1 and instead of issuing ONE TWO THREE
etc you must issue ELEVEN, TWELVE THIR{*filter*} etc for the
combined tens and unit digits.

Will your application be acceptable with the text just writing the
name of one digit at the time (like what is often done on lottery
notes etc.?) Then you can simply issue the words ZERO ONE TWO
etc. for each individual digit. Same safety and much simpler.

hth

regards Sven

Quote:
>Hi, i want to change numbers into their respective words.....such as:

>2419  i want it to write out two thousand four hundred nine{*filter*}

>I have the thousands and hundreds working...but dont know how i would do
the
>{*filter*}S part...since its different...
>i use a case statement....but do i like have to put if then statements in
>there or something...should i use an array?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. HELP WITH DATA CONVERSION, HEXADECIMAL TO WORD

2. Report the number of words which are 3 letters or less

3. Function to convert number to long english word

4. Numbers Conversion

5. number conversion in pascal

6. base conversion of large numbers

7. base conversion of large numbers

8. Number conversions

9. Tutorial on number conversion, any base

10. Help with Number Conversions

11. Program for number conversion, bases 2..72

12. Tutorial on number conversion, any base