Cannot run compiled .EXE outside the environment ...
Author Message
 Cannot run compiled .EXE outside the environment ...

Dear everyone,

I have a friend using Borland Pascal for Windows. The .EXE files he compiled
from his programs can only be executed when the Borland Pascal environment is
open. They cannot be executed when the environment is closed. Could anybody
suggest what my friend can do to solve this problem? Thanks.

Cheers,
Kenneth Leung from Hong Kong

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Cannot run compiled .EXE outside the environment ...

: I have a friend using Borland Pascal for Windows. The .EXE files he compiled
: from his programs can only be executed when the Borland Pascal environment is
: open. They cannot be executed when the environment is closed. Could anybody
: suggest what my friend can do to solve this problem? Thanks.

Does your friend explicitly load any DLL he uses?

--

     CU Peter

     There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the
     chronicler's mind.
                   Douglas Adams, "So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish"

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Cannot run compiled .EXE outside the environment ...

Quote:

> Dear everyone,

> I have a friend using Borland Pascal for Windows. The .EXE files he compiled
> from his programs can only be executed when the Borland Pascal environment is
> open. They cannot be executed when the environment is closed. Could anybody
> suggest what my friend can do to solve this problem? Thanks.

> Cheers,
> Kenneth Leung from Hong Kong

You use BWCC elements in your program without loading BWCC.DLL;
Simply write "uses BWCC" in your program, then it should work

Heiko

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Cannot run compiled .EXE outside the environment ...

: Dear everyone,
:
: I have a friend using Borland Pascal for Windows. The .EXE files he compiled
: from his programs can only be executed when the Borland Pascal environment is
: open. They cannot be executed when the environment is closed. Could anybody
: suggest what my friend can do to solve this problem? Thanks.

This is the old "BWCC" problem. Tell him to add BWCC to his USES clause -
and perhaps to call BWCCGetVersion at the beginning of his program.

The Chief
--------
Dr. A{*filter*}la A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)

Author of: Chief's Installer Pro 2.91 for Win16 and Win32:
           Winner of PC PLUS Magazine Gold Award (April 1995 U.K. edition)
            http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Cannot run compiled .EXE outside the environment ...

Quote:

> Dear everyone,
> I have a friend using Borland Pascal for Windows. The .EXE files he compiled
> from his programs can only be executed when the Borland Pascal environment is
> open. They cannot be executed when the environment is closed. Could anybody
> suggest what my friend can do to solve this problem? Thanks.

  Your friend probably uses BWCC. In such case he has to include BWCC in
his 'uses' statement:
        uses BWCC;

Quote:
> Cheers,
> Kenneth Leung from Hong Kong

Regards,
Alex.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Reading Compile/run errors from outside TurboPascal

2. Cannot run compiled .

3. Relative speed of compiled exe files in BP 7 running under DOS, and in Delphi

4. App w/threads,sockets ok in Win95, crasher WinNT4.0(outside D2 environment)

5. App w/threads,sockets ok in Win95, crashes WinNT4.0(outside D2 environment)

6. Getting more Memory to compile in IDE environment

7. How can using Pascal Running in Network Environment.

8. Compiling to .exe

9. Compiling bitmaps into exe-file ?

10. Compile files in exe ?

11. Compiling line-number into exe