BIOS Information
Author Message
 BIOS Information

Hello,

Does anyone know how to retrieve information from the BIOS?
I have seen programs that can display the Computer Manufacturer, Model,
Serial Number, CPU speed, etc.

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BIOS Information

Quote:

> Does anyone know how to retrieve information from the BIOS?
> I have seen programs that can display the Computer Manufacturer, Model,

I venture to say that these are hardcoded in the BIOS.

Quote:
> Serial Number, CPU speed, etc.

Which serial number? That of the CPU? If software is allowed to query the
processor serial number (it depends on the state of a bit in a
processor-specific register), you can find it out using the cpuid
instruction. Computing the processor speed isn't too hard either. Acquaint
yourself with the cpuid and rdtsc instructions.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BIOS Information

Quote:

> Hello,

> Does anyone know how to retrieve information from the BIOS?
> I have seen programs that can display the Computer Manufacturer, Model,
> Serial Number, CPU speed, etc.

If you are looking for sourcecode, sorry I can't help you, but this utility
has BIOS information as part of its display.  http://www.syschk.com/

Bill Vergos

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. BIOS Information

2. BIOS Interrupts

3. Access to BIOS interrupts and physical memory

4. Can I access the BIOS through pascal?

5. VESA Bios

6. ASCI BIOS table

7. read BIOS

8. writing to bios