I need Help (fast) and i mean fast...
Author Message
 I need Help (fast) and i mean fast...

Hi Can any one with a good knowledge of turbo Pascal help me?
I am doing a project at college and need to get this completed ASAP.
can any one help (all students unite)....

for further details.
many Thanks
the project is as follows:

TASK

Self-employed painter/decorator Joe Blake spends many evenings doing the
paperwork associated with his business. He currently calculates estimates by
hand and then uses his computer to word-process the estimate for the
customer. It would be a considerable time-saver if he could use the computer
to do some or all of the calculations as well as print the estimate.

INPUTS

. Name of customer

. Dimension of the room

. Number of windows, doors, rolls of wallpaper

OUTPUT

Produce an estimate as follows:

J Stevens Painting & Decorating
Estimate of costs (name of customer)
MATERIALS

99.99

999.99

999.99

99.99

SUB TOTAL
999.99

99.99

FINAL TOTAL
999.99

Design an algorithm using pseudo-code to produce the estimate. The program
should request the inputs and use them to produce the estimate in the
required format.

Assume the following:

. each door occupies 2 square meters and requires 1 litre of paint

. Each window occupies 2 square meters but only requires 0.5 litres of
paint.

. Emulsion paint gives a coverage of 8 square meters per litre.

. Emulsion paint costs 3.50 per litre.

. Gloss paint costs 4.00 per litre.

. Wallpaper costs should be obtained at run-time.

. Walls are either painted or wallpapered, not both.

. Gloss paint is used on woodwork, emulsion everywhere else.

Repeat the processing until there are no more estimates required.

Note: the program can be written so that output goes to the screen.

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 04:08:14 GMT
 I need Help (fast) and i mean fast...

Quote:

> Hi Can any one with a good knowledge of turbo pascal help me?

I hope not. If you don't do your homework yourself, you won't
learn anything. And just that is the purpose of college.

If you want assistance, show what you have done first and ask
concrete questions, but don't expect anyone here to do your homework
for you.

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 04:42:01 GMT
 I need Help (fast) and i mean fast...

Quote:

> Hi Can any one with a good knowledge of turbo pascal help me?
> I am doing a project at college and need to get this completed ASAP.
> can any one help (all students unite)....

> for further details.

A quick check of the FAQ would have revealed that we are not generally
willing to do your homework for you. If you have attempted to solve the
problem yourself and run into trouble, we may be able to point out where
you've gone wrong and suggest a better approach, or to find errors in
your code.

Quote:
> many Thanks

No problem.

Al Moore

<description of assignment snipped>

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 04:25:21 GMT
 I need Help (fast) and i mean fast...
Hm, simply try to imagine how you would calculate this...

Markus

PS: do your homework yourself!

Quote:

> Hi Can any one with a good knowledge of turbo pascal help me?
> I am doing a project at college and need to get this completed ASAP.
> can any one help (all students unite)....

> for further details.
> many Thanks
> the project is as follows:

> TASK

> Self-employed painter/decorator Joe Blake spends many evenings doing the
> paperwork associated with his business. He currently calculates estimates by
> hand and then uses his computer to word-process the estimate for the
> customer. It would be a considerable time-saver if he could use the computer
> to do some or all of the calculations as well as print the estimate.

> INPUTS

> .. Name of customer

> .. Dimension of the room

> .. Number of windows, doors, rolls of wallpaper

> OUTPUT

> Produce an estimate as follows:

> J Stevens Painting & Decorating
> Estimate of costs (name of customer)
> MATERIALS

> 99.99

> 999.99

> 999.99

> 99.99

> SUB TOTAL
> 999.99

> 99.99

> FINAL TOTAL
> 999.99

> Design an algorithm using pseudo-code to produce the estimate. The program
> should request the inputs and use them to produce the estimate in the
> required format.

> Assume the following:

> .. each door occupies 2 square meters and requires 1 litre of paint

> .. Each window occupies 2 square meters but only requires 0.5 litres of
> paint.

> .. Emulsion paint gives a coverage of 8 square meters per litre.

> .. Emulsion paint costs 3.50 per litre.

> .. Gloss paint costs 4.00 per litre.

> .. Wallpaper costs should be obtained at run-time.

> .. Walls are either painted or wallpapered, not both.

> .. Gloss paint is used on woodwork, emulsion everywhere else.

> Repeat the processing until there are no more estimates required.

> Note: the program can be written so that output goes to the screen.

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:10:33 GMT
 I need Help (fast) and i mean fast...

Quote:
>Hi Can any one with a good knowledge of turbo pascal help me?
>I am doing a project at college and need to get this completed ASAP.

You mean you haven't done anything yet ?

Time to dredge the standard answer out again:

OK. Think about how you are going to do this if you had only pen and
paper available to you.

[1] What would you need to do to accomplish this and in what order.

[2] Write these steps down in the correct order and think about them.

[3] How are you going to accomplish each of these steps ?

[4] For each step go back to [1] unless you cannot simplify further.
Also check, for each step you want to simplify, if you have already
written the pseudo-code you need.

[5] When you reach here then you have pseudo-code of each step. Go to [6]
Note: each 'step' will be a procedure or function.

[6] Code your program based on the pen and paper outline. Go to [7]

[7] Test program and note any bugs. Go to [8] for bugs or [10] if none.

[8] Eliminate bug. With postable code, newsgroup is likely to help. Go to [9]

[9] If program works fine then go to [10] else go to [7]

[10] Your program works as expected. Hand in.

--
Pedt

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 21:10:09 GMT
 I need Help (fast) and i mean fast...
Here is pseudo-code for example of input, calculation, and output:

{$N+}

Var
nm: string;
lng, wdt, sqf: single;

Procedure Sqrf;
Begin
sqf:= lng * wdt;
WriteLn;
WriteLn(' ' + 'Name: ' + nm);
WriteLn(' ' + 'Square Footage: ', sqf:1:1);
WriteLn;
End;

Begin
WriteLn;
Write('Input name: ');
Read(nm);
Write('Input room length: ');
Read(lng);
Write('Input room width: ');
Read(wdt);
Sqrf;
ReadLn;
ReadLn;
End.

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 07:53:31 GMT
 I need Help (fast) and i mean fast...
Hi,

I am one of the students who find this newsgroup completely precious as
I am seeking many times the help of the gurus in here. And they always
help me. Sometimes with code snippets, sometimes just with how
to 'think' properly, but they always do. But for that, I realised early
enough, it is not enough to say: 'Hey, I have this, do it for me'. A
little bit of willingness to do some work from your side is though,
expected here. I usually try to do as much as my beginner knowledge
allows me, and when I am stuck, if I really am stuck (which I mostly
am...), I come here and get help. But usually with a particular
function or procedure, getting it's syntax correct or finding a better
way to write it, not with an entire project!
Try to do something on your own, show here what you have done, and I am
sure somebody will point you to a further 'go'. And if you get stuck
again, come back again and you will get further help.
Btw, a pseudo code does not need a 'good knowledge of turbo pascal',
you can write that with pen & paper in plain English words, it is an
algorithm, a way of thinking, not a complete TP program.

Quote:
> Hi Can any one with a good knowledge of turbo pascal help me?
> I am doing a project at college and need to get this completed ASAP.
> can any one help (all students unite)....
> a bonus will be handed if this task is complete. contact

Quote:
> for further details.
> many Thanks
> the project is as follows:

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:30:41 GMT

1. Fast cursor blinking rate on fast machines?

2. Need help with running programs on a fast computer

3. Need TP help fast!

4. HELP NEEDED FAST with ASM

5. HELP NEEDED FAST with ASM

6. HELP: Need fast Sprite routines

7. S.O.S - NEED HELP FAST

8. Help! Fast Method for combos needed

9. Fast Help Needed

10. Need help on a fast putpixel for 640x480x256

11. I need FAST 640x480 routines, please help !

12. HELP - need fast data-aware TDBOutline control