Help: Exec command with TPW 1.5
Author Message
 Help: Exec command with TPW 1.5

Hi all,

another try - I think I have problems with my newsserver thats why I
post this question again.

I'm not very experiencend in using Pascal. Till now I was happy with
my good old TP 7.0 but I try to use TPW 1.5 more and more.

Now I have a problem with converting a program from DOS to Windows. I
use the 'exec' command for executing some DOS batch files and exe
files. This command isn't available within TPW. What can I do to get
the following command working in TPW:

  exec('example.exe',parameters);

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Andy

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help: Exec command with TPW 1.5

Quote:

>files. This command isn't available within TPW. What can I do to get
>the following command working in TPW:

>  exec('example.exe',parameters);

Okay, I got the answer already. The command is Winexec.

Bye
Armin

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help: Exec command with TPW 1.5
:
: I have a problem with converting a program from DOS to Windows. I
: use the 'exec' command for executing some DOS batch files and exe
: files. This command isn't available within TPW. What can I do to get
: the following command working in TPW:
:
:   exec('example.exe',parameters);
:
There is a similar command in windows:

NewProgram := WinExec( FileName+' '+Parameters, SW_ShowNormal);
              {Requires both WinProcs and WinTypes units.}

Unlike DOS, your main program will continue running along with the new
program.  It will NOT stop and wait for the other program to finish.
If this is a problem (it was for me), then you could loop while waiting
for the other program to finish:

      and Buffer=FileName do
  While GetMessage(Message,0,0,0) do begin
    TranslateMessage(Message);
    DispatchMessage(Message);
  end;

Can anyone tell me a better way?

  |\/|                          ||  Burnaby South Secondary School

Mathematics & Computer Science  ||             (Canada)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. EXEC command under TP 1.5 for Win

2. DOS Commands / Managing Files in TPW 1.5

3. help 1.5 windows pascal (delay command?)

4. HELP: Non-existent COPY command in 1.5?

5. need help with TPW 1.5

6. HELP - TPW 1.5 TDlgWindow as MainWindow

7. Good books for tpw 1.5 for a true novice (tp 7.0 too) --- Please help

8. Help coverting code to TPW 1.5

9. I know TP 7 (DOS), Now I need help learning TPW 1.5

10. HELP - Accessing a 32 Bit DLL from TPW 1.5

11. TPW 1.5 basic help

12. TPW 1.5 Debugger help