Simple question about OOP in Turbo Pascal 
Author Message
 Simple question about OOP in Turbo Pascal

I would like to know where I could find more example about OOP in
Turbo Pascal. I teach in an high school, and I haven't found good
books about Turbo Pascal OOP implementation. It would be great to read
more and more examples.

Thanks in advance

Francesco Di Fusco



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Simple question about OOP in Turbo Pascal

Quote:
>I would like to know where I could find more example about OOP in
>Turbo Pascal. I teach in an high school, and I haven't found good
>books about Turbo Pascal OOP implementation. It would be great to read
>more and more examples.

I don't know if this is still available, but "Object Oriented
Programming in Turbo Pascal" by Ben Ezzell.  Amazon lists it as
a "special order", but not out of print.

Jud McCranie



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Simple question about OOP in Turbo Pascal

Quote:

> I would like to know where I could find more example about OOP in
> Turbo Pascal. I teach in an high school, and I haven't found good
> books about Turbo Pascal OOP implementation. It would be great to read
> more and more examples.

> Thanks in advance

> Francesco Di Fusco

'Object Oriented Programming with Borland Pascal 7' - Namir Clement
Shammas


Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Simple question about OOP in Turbo Pascal
OOP was introduced in version TP5.5, and was pretty primitive.  TP7 is still
on the primitive side.  TP8 (aka Delphi 1) is much better.  But to really
work OOP in pascal, I'd suggest moving to 32 bit (win95, 98, NT, 2000) and
using Delphi 2, 3, 4 or 5. The most basic difference is that objects in TP
use pointers, while objects in Delphi are integrated and do not use
pointers.  Object Pascal also has a much more complete class system.

HTH

Brandon Smith



Quote:
> I would like to know where I could find more example about OOP in
> Turbo Pascal. I teach in an high school, and I haven't found good
> books about Turbo Pascal OOP implementation. It would be great to read
> more and more examples.

> Thanks in advance

> Francesco Di Fusco



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Simple question about OOP in Turbo Pascal

Quote:

> OOP was introduced in version TP5.5, and was pretty primitive.  TP7 is still
> on the primitive side.  
> TP8 (aka Delphi 1) is much better.  

Please do not call D1  TP8 without a clear list about what works, and
what not. It creates false expectations. The likelyness is only
superficial, since it hardly compiles any TP code without modification
or extra libs afaik.

Quote:
> But to really work OOP in pascal, I'd suggest moving to 32 bit (win95, 98, NT, 2000) and
> using Delphi 2, 3, 4 or 5. The most basic difference is that objects in TP
> use pointers, while objects in Delphi are integrated and do not use
> pointers.  Object Pascal also has a much more complete class system.

Or use FPC in Delphi mode.


Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. OOP: Maybe a tough question, maybe a simple answer

2. Writing Simple Suspend/Resume Program in Turbo Pascal for DOS

3. Writing Simple Suspend/Resume Program in Turbo Pascal for DOS

4. 13 simple questions about pascal..

5. Simple file read question-New to Pascal

6. Very Simple PASCAL question

7. Turbo Vision/OOP source code

8. A question about some reserved words in OOP

9. OOP question

10. Question about OOP Inheritance

11. Newbie question using OOP

12. Turbo Pascal Frequently Asked Questions, a monthly pointer

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software