compile error - help!
Author Message
 compile error - help!

the line below gets error 42, error in expression.
pri_rec is a string type. I want to output pri_rec
without the 1st 14 chars. thanks

writeln (outfile, delete(pri_rec, 0, 13));

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:07:32 GMT
 compile error - help!

Quote:

> the line below gets error 42, error in expression.
> pri_rec is a string type. I want to output pri_rec
> without the 1st 14 chars. thanks

> writeln (outfile, delete(pri_rec, 0, 13));

You need 2 commands since delete is a procedure:

  delete(pri_rec, 1, 14);
                  ^ 1 is 1st character!
  writeln(outfile, pri_rec);

Or use "Copy" which is a function:
  writeln(outfile, copy(pri_rec, 15, 255));

Wolf

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:55:25 GMT

1. compile error - help please

2. compiling error : HELP !

3. Compile error, Help!

4. Compile error, Help!

5. Interbase config - can't compile (password error)

6. -lvga error from svgalib demos compile

7. Unclear compile error...

8. error msg when compiling program

9. Version 5 compile error

10. run time error when compiled

11. Runtime error when running compiled program only

12. Delphi 4 compiling error