Problem with 256-Palette
Author Message
 Problem with 256-Palette

Hi!

I want to write a game in a Vesamode with 256 colors. Therefor, I create
sprites and
backgrounds explicity, both with different 256-color palettes. Now I need a
way to make
one palette out of these. What should I do ???

Stefan Heimscheid

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Problem with 256-Palette

Quote:

> Hi!

> I want to write a game in a Vesamode with 256 colors. Therefor, I create
> sprites and
> backgrounds explicity, both with different 256-color palettes. Now I need a
> way to make
> one palette out of these. What should I do ???

> Stefan Heimscheid

Check for the used colors and merge the palettes. You could use programs
like PaintShopPro for this (paste all images into one big
truecolor-image then converting that to a 256-color image but results
are rather unpredictable. It's fairly easy to write a little tool for
this yourself and customize it so that you get the effect you want
(it's a bit re-inventing the wheel but you may also learn from it).
If you might need any help let me know.

Remco de Korte
Soft Machine
Nederland
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/design.html
Soft Machine

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. RGB 256-color palette problem

2. RGB and 256-color palette matching

3. 256 color palette

4. Please Help Me with 256 color Palette !!

5. 256 color palette in TP7

6. 256 Colour Palette Generator

7. - 256 Color Palette Blues

8. 256 / High Colour problem